Up/Down web connection

Started by bb, Mar 30, 2011, 16:51:01

Previous topic - Next topic

bb

Hi all,

we've got a business priority connection on ADSL2 with IDNet.  We've been having problems for the past few months but I'm no closer to finding an answer to the problem.

Our connection was at about 15Mbps, rock solid.  At some point this dropped to about 10Mbps (still solid) and has now dropped to about 7Mbps.  The speed doesn't worry me too much, but there appears to be a problem somewhere as, every day, the connection seems to slow down - so much so pages will time out.  These occur seemingly randomly.  The connection is still live, the router stays connected but pages will not load.  Sometimes refreshing the page instantly starts things up again, other times a number of refreshes will eventually get it moving again.

I've checked the router and it gives these stats:

Mode       State   
G.DMT   Showtime

Up Speed   

Down Speed   

SNR Margin   

Loop Att.

Uptime 458hrs

This problem is now starting to impact things.  I've adjusted and readjusted the filters, used the master socket, traced the wires away from everything else but nothing seems to improve this problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Glenn

:welc: :karma: bb

Can you do a BT speedtest and post the results please, it will help the guys try to figure out where the problem lies.
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

Welcome to the forum, bb. :welc: :karma:

What make and model of router are you using, does this affect specific sites?
Rik
--------------------

Ray

Ray
--------------------