Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Quote from: David on Apr 16, 2011, 18:23:43
Dan ! Dan ? now where has he gone ?

you sound a bit desperate, David.  ;)
Ted
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

David

No Bill thats gone right over my head although as Im only 3 ft 6" this is not difficult  ;D
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

David

Quote from: Ted on Apr 16, 2011, 18:44:35
you sound a bit desperate, David.  ;)

:hehe: :rofl: Love it , DO you remember Boys From The Black Stuff ? this was Yosser Hughes line  :thumb:

Perhaps he is off on a Beano ?
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Ted

Quote from: David on Apr 16, 2011, 18:45:54
:hehe: :rofl: Love it , DO you remember Boys From The Black Stuff ? this was Yosser Hughes line  :thumb:

Sadly... I do!
Ted
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

David

Full of laughs that series wasnt it  ;D

Tim_idnet

Hi All,

Quick update to let you know that we tracked down the issue - it was a DoS-triggered Cisco bug in the software of one of our core routers that has now been fixed. Apologies again for the inconvenience and hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Tim

Steve

Thanks for the update Tim.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Lance

Lance
_____

Simon

Simon.
--

Ardua

Pleased to see that things are now back to normal. That said, I can recall that on a number of occasions over the past few months web pages (BBC, Google, IDNetters etc) and e-mail have been slow to load - if they have loaded at all. Do we now have a permanent fix for this problem or is this something that is likely to happen again? ???

net91

Quote from: Bill on Apr 16, 2011, 18:42:43
Looking at what arrived as my email notification compared to his post, I think he did a quick edit and scarpered ;D

Quick change of content.  :D
Dan

net91

I've still got an ongoing issue where every so often a website fail to load for a few minutes, bringing up a 'Page cannot be found' screen, then start working again. When this happens the website 'Down For Everyone Or Just Me' reports the site is still working. I'm trying out OpenDNS to see if that resolves the problem.

My router is set to obtain its DNS server addresses automatically from the ISP, but I've set my computer to use OpenDNS. I'm assuming this means that the DNS settings on my computer will override the router's DNS settings for this machine?

Thanks,
Dan  :)
Dan

Lance

Yep, computer set DNS overrides router dns. Which router do you have?
Lance
_____

net91

Thanks, I wasn't sure. I've got the Netgear DGN1000.
Dan