Previous topic - Next topic

cavillas

I came across this from BT

Boadband
Fri 18/03/2011 at 06pm
Ongoing
Problem in the Upton Park area

Dialling codes affected: 0208475

We know that some of our customers in the Upton Park area are having trouble getting online at the moment. Sorry about this. We're working to fix the problem as quickly as we can.
Wed 06/04/2011 at 01pm
Ongoing

Problem in the Stepney green area

Dialling codes affected: 0207

Estimated time to resolve: 2hrs

We know that some of our customers in the Stepney green area are having trouble getting online at the moment. Sorry about this. We're working to fix the problem as quickly as we can.

Wed 06/04/2011 at 01pm

Ongoing

Problem in the Grays Thurrock area

Dialling codes affected: 01375

We know that some of our customers in the Grays Thurrock area are having trouble getting online at the moment. Sorry about this. We're working to fix the problem as quickly as we can.

Wed 06/04/2011 at 01pm

Ongoing

Problem in the Goodmayes area

Dialling codes affected: 02085, 02089

We know that some of our customers in the Goodmayes area are having trouble getting online at the moment. Sorry about this. We're working to fix the problem as quickly as we can.

------
Alf :)

Rik

See also the announcement I've just posted, Alf. Stepney green has had a fault since the small hours, causing a general degradation of service (because it affects IDNet's connection to Telehouse).  :shake:

The number, and severity, of failures seems to be on the increase. :shake:
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

cavillas

I beleive it's because all BT engineers are being used to install fibre and are not concentrating or dealing with their core business of adsl.  You can only stretch a finite number of people over a small area.
------
Alf :)

Rik

You may be right, Alf, we certainly see enough huddles of Openreach vans around here.
Rik
--------------------

sobranie

Quote from: Rik on Apr 06, 2011, 16:09:26
See also the announcement I've just posted, Alf. Stepney green has had a fault since the small hours, causing a general degradation of service (because it affects IDNet's connection to Telehouse).  :shake:

The number, and severity, of failures seems to be on the increase. :shake:

WHY IS IT ALWAYS IDNET ON THE RECEIVING END :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Rik

I wish I knew the answer. Equally, why are so many of these faults cured by a software reconfiguration?
Rik
--------------------

Bill

Quote from: cavillas on Apr 06, 2011, 16:33:39You can only stretch a finite number of people over a small area.

I know what small area I'd stretch BT over :mad:
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Rik

;D

How's your 1&1, Bill. I've found it tends to time out on empty mailboxes, if there's content, it performs OK. That said, I did speak to their TS, who seemed clueless, but couldn't access the account so are looking into it.
Rik
--------------------

Bill

I haven't monitored it closely enough to be sure whether it only times out on an empty box or not... but I've a feeling you could be right.

I haven't bothered with TS, from past experience they're about as much use as a chocolate fire guard >:(
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Rik

I know what you mean. I spotted the connection after checking the failing boxes (one was always OK) in webmail. As they were all empty, I sent test mails and they behaved perfectly on the next pass. Once they were empty again, though, they timed out.
Rik
--------------------