with idnet for just over a month and ......

Started by sparkler, Apr 14, 2011, 09:29:41

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkler

im already on my first blacklist XD http://www.ircproxy.net/torlist/21-03-2011-tor-nodes-list.html stupid turks i think ill start up tor just to keep myself on there list

Simon

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

cavillas

That's racist, sparkler should also be on a white list. ;D
------
Alf :)

sparkler

its not racist there turks according to google and they have created a stupid list also i don't seem to be on a whitelist as google says did not match any documents

Simon

So, how did you manage to get on their stupid list?
Simon.
--

wdforte

Still  :dunno: :slap: ::) Can somebody please give me a useful clue what this thread is all about? :eek4:

Steve

Steve
------------

wdforte

ST Driver

well this thread soon got round to food. 
i guess admin will be in soon to clear things up  :red:
Steve
Grandad Racer

Simon

I thought it might be amusing to let it stew a little longer.  ;)
Simon.
--

pctech

You just caught it before it started to boil over.

kinmel

TOR is an anonymous proxy service that bounces your data through a random number of servers ( Nodes ) to prevent snoopers from see who is downloading what from where.

It appears that his I.P. address is considered to be a TOR Node.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Simon

Simon.
--

Steve

Steve
------------

sparkler

having an onion logo on a proxy doesn't seem to make sense to me

Adam

Quote from: sparkler on Apr 14, 2011, 20:45:38
having an onion logo on a proxy doesn't seem to make sense to me

Tor is an implementation of onion routing, hence the onion logo. In fact the current name of Tor originated as an acronym of The Onion Router which was the projects previous name. Description of onion routing at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onion_routing
Adam

wdforte

JohnH

Yes, but onion routing does not provide perfect sender or receiver anonymity against all possible eavesdroppers—that is, it is possible for a local eavesdropper to observe that an individual has sent or received a message. It does provide for a strong degree of unlinkability, the notion that an eavesdropper cannot easily determine both the sender and receiver of a given message. Even within these confines, onion routing does not provide any absolute guarantee of privacy; rather, it provides a continuum in which the degree of privacy is generally a function of the number of participating routers versus the number of compromised or malicious routers.

sparkler

it is possible to beadle to be able to tell the source, destination and also the contents (unless encrypted by the website the users are viewing) for all the traffic on the tor network just by hacking the nodes that tor lets everyone see and placing a rootkit to record all in/out traffic and also to extract the encryption keys and recording the traffic between the nodes than decrypt the data with tor's keys and then you know everything

Gary

Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Ray

Ray
--------------------

David

Quote from: wdforte on Apr 14, 2011, 21:00:50
Thanks for clearing that up then. ???
Yes left me in a vegative state too  ???

Nodes and Tors and stupid lists .... this is a wierd place at times  ;D
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.