Problem loading pages

Started by net91, Apr 15, 2011, 21:48:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Seadog

Correction from my last post, after changing my DNS to 4.2.2.1 it lost the connection to this page and google timed out. So more likely to be one of the Links  :dunno:

Dunno

Bill

Quote from: Seadog on Apr 15, 2011, 23:44:57So more likely to be one of the Links  :dunno:

When in doubt, blame BT.

You'll be right more often than you'll be wrong. :mad:
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

.Griff.

C:\Users\Griff>ping www.google.com

Pinging www.l.google.com [209.85.146.99] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 209.85.146.99:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Users\Griff>ping www.youtube.com

Pinging youtube-ui.l.google.com [74.125.230.142] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 74.125.230.142:

C:\Users\Griff>ping www.idnetters.co.uk

Pinging www.idnetters.co.uk [212.69.36.118] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 212.69.36.118:

Seadog

Hi Griff,

Yep, all confirmed everyone is having problems. One thing for sure I will be downgrading from this Business Premiere Package to the Home Super Package next week, I'm not going to throw away good money as I don't download massive amounts and QOS will be similar.  :thumb:

ou7shined

Quote from: Seadog on Apr 16, 2011, 00:14:16
Hi Griff,

Yep, all confirmed everyone is having problems. One thing for sure I will be downgrading from this Business Premiere Package to the Home Super Package next week, I'm not going to throw away good money as I don't download massive amounts and QOS will be similar.  :thumb:
My long time with IDNet is drawing to an end. Currently looking at alternatives. The price we are paying here just does not reflect the level of service anymore. :(
Rich.

Klaatu barada nikto!

Gary

This is just getting sad tbh.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Conrad

Have been having a few "connection has timed out" errors recently too.  Ou7shined I agree with you. What a pain though.  :bawl:

Seadog

That's a shame, I came to IDNet with high hopes myself this week and it has been dissappointing, I just hope the service improves during the year for sure. It's still early days with this FTTC technology so I just hope they can upgrade the network infrastructure or we will all be surfing at a craw next year  :bawl:

Bill

Quote from: Seadog on Apr 16, 2011, 00:40:22or we will all be surfing at a craw next year  :bawl:

And then there's the Olympics... :eek4:
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Seadog

Forgot about that  :o maybe it's time for IDNet to team up with Be, they have a good Network just no FTTC yet  :thumb:

Conrad

Just happened again.  Everything just times out for a few minutes and starts working again.

Each time this happens, my router tells me it cannot connect to DNS Server 2: 212.69.36.3

I hope it gets fixed (again).

Is anyone even looking into the probem?

Night night all.

.Griff.

Quote from: Seadog on Apr 16, 2011, 00:50:52
Forgot about that  :o maybe it's time for IDNet to team up with Be, they have a good Network just no FTTC yet  :thumb:

Already been discussed Simon after previous "incidents" but it was dismissed.

I think I'm correct, although ready to be corrected, that there's been four BT related problems in the last eight months. Each time BT apologise to Idnet and "promise" it won't happen again.

Aaron

Happening here as well, been switching between IDNet/Google DNS quickly via a DNS Changer for Windows tool and restarting browser but makes no difference.

Just moments ago:
C:\Users\Aaron>nslookup idnetters.co.uk
Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address:  8.8.8.8

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to google-public-dns-a.google.com timed-out
IDNet Home Pro ADSL2+ 4Mbps | Billion BiPAC 7800N

karvala

And meanwhile, four hours after the problems start, the IDNet status page still has everything listed as having no problems.  Nice to know the band are still playing on the Titanic....

Bill

Quote from: .Griff. on Apr 16, 2011, 01:08:58
Already been discussed Simon after previous "incidents" but it was dismissed.

Yeah:

http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,25096.msg595674.html#msg595674

I'm the last person to tell anyone else how their business should be run, but this isn't good enough :(
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

zappaDPJ

I've been trying to leave a message here for the last 2 hours but the forum keeps timing out on me.
zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Bill

Quote from: zappaDPJ on Apr 16, 2011, 01:32:33
I've been trying to leave a message here for the last 2 hours but the forum keeps timing out on me.

You need to compose the message elsewhere and be quick with the copy/paste when it decides to work :P
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

zappaDPJ

The back button works fine, retaining your post until you navigate away to another site :slap: The real trick is to do it three times on the trot :D
zap
--------------------

Simon_idnet

I can't see any problems on the BT network but we've been getting a lot of routing updates from AMS-IX in Amsterdam which has been forcing multiple BGP table updates which takes our core routers extra time to process. So we've shut our peering to AMS-IX in the meantime.

Technical Ben

Seems the entire internet is being re-wired/listed. Is this in preparation for  IP6? Could we see more problems from this?
Not had any trouble here. Except the forum going down. But that could be maintenance etc.
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Ardua

And I think that it has just happened again. Web pages very slow to load for about 3 minutes. IDNet Support at work perhaps?

David

Im having problems here ,not a moan just to try and assist 
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Bill

Status page still a nice pretty green... when you can get it to load :(
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

David

I cant figure out ...it clearly shows red and apologies.....................well how can I read it if Im not online ? thats daft  :dunno:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Simon

Guys, if you're still having problems, suggest you email IDNet. 
Simon.
--