Grateful for any new internet connection ideas...

Started by davidc, Apr 15, 2011, 22:09:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

I know a few people who do not feel comfortable with no out of hours support, they are the people who dont care its a BT line issue and only BT can fix it, they pay their ISP, so they want reassurance that the ISP will do something, ok over a weekend IDNet can do nothing, but a bit of fault finding and hand holding even if its a placebo effect goes a long way. Yes there is a forum, once again not everyone wants to join of feels comfortable with that, so I can see the argument for after hours support, saying that I have always been called back, even on a Sunday generally by Simon so cant complain, I think leaving a voicemail message is taken as more urgent somehow, but that's just a guess.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Bill

Quote from: Gary on Apr 18, 2011, 08:58:42I think leaving a voicemail message is taken as more urgent somehow, but that's just a guess.

I think leaving a voicemail is taken as an indication that the customer may have lost their internet completely and can't send an email!

I've always had a pretty prompt callback, even out of hours, if that's the problem.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Steve

I think this support query should be taken as an isolated incident and hopefully will be investigated q.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Tim_idnet

Hi

We replied to davidc on Saturday. He has a PSTN fault which is being investigated by his telephony supplier.

Tim

Steve

Steve
------------

Tacitus

Quote from: Tim_idnet on Apr 18, 2011, 11:04:29
He has a PSTN fault which is being investigated by his telephony supplier.

Telephony supplier?  An interesting choice of words which suggests it's possibly not BT....   Just another layer of the grief which is UK broadband  ;D

Simon

Simon.
--

Technical Ben

Quote from: Tacitus on Apr 18, 2011, 11:13:58
Telephony supplier?  An interesting choice of words which suggests it's possibly not BT....   Just another layer of the grief which is UK broadband  ;D

Well, unless you pay for a separate line, it has to get to the house somehow. ;)

http://www.google.com/tisp/install.html
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

cavillas

Quote from: wdforte on Apr 17, 2011, 21:18:54
The out of hours problem is not just experienced by davidc, there are many posts on other forums complaining of the same lack of coverage.

OK we are happy with the situation, but many are not, to ignore the 'problem' is head in the sand mentality and should be confronted as a matter for consideration. Maybe if the problem were rectified IDNet could well gain extra business for minimum outlay. :dunno:

When people come to Idnet they know there is no 24/7 support, it is published on their website.  Having that informed descision they can then decide to join Idnet with those conditions or not.  It is no good complaining afterwards that there is no 24/7 support.  Idnet give out of hours support where it is in their powers to do something about it, when another company becomes involved (BT/Openreach) then their hands are tied somewhat.
------
Alf :)

Steve

BT don't work weekends either unless you have an additional support package.
Steve
------------

Tacitus

Quote from: Technical Ben on Apr 18, 2011, 15:10:15
Well, unless you pay for a separate line, it has to get to the house somehow. ;)
http://www.google.com/tisp/install.html

True enough but my point was that 'a telephony supplier' is another intermediary that iDNet have to deal with before a fault can be resolved.  I sometimes wonder if governments, or whoever dream this stuff up, (choice, competition and all the other guff) exist in a parallel universe.

wdforte

Have to say that it would be nice to hear from davidc with an update, Tim has replied stating that he (davidc) was contacted, so, it would be useful to hear from the 'complainant' as to the current situation! :eyebrow:

davidc has used this forum for help and I think that his 'complaint' has had a good airing which is a plus for IDnetters ;) An updated comment from him would hopefully put his original post to bed? ;)

Simon

Why am I getting a strange feeling of deja-vu?  Or should that be, deja-Q?   :eyebrow:
Simon.
--

pctech

Lots of people use forums to air their grievances but unfortunately don't come back to give an update.

I'm a mod on a mobile phone related forum and we have lots of people posting rants about networks but they never come back to say what the outcome was,

I'm sure he'll be back if he wants to complain again.

Simon

As has been said, it's a general thing with forums, so let's not personalise it. 
Simon.
--