fing talktalk still billing

Started by sparkler, Apr 20, 2011, 15:46:00

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkler

guess what i left talktalk joined idnet in march and talktalk are still charging for broadband from 15 Apr to 14 May grrrrrr this is why i hate large isp's

Steve

Trying to get the money back is even more a challenge sometimes.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

sparkler

shouldn't be too difficult if they they are a pain in the ass ill just ask them if they would prefer refunding me or refunding me paying my legal fee's and also reporting that talktalk has started charging former customers again to ofcom

zappaDPJ

Given that they have already been rebuked by a number of regulatory bodies over this kind of behaviour I'm a little surprised to hear they are still operating in this way... NOT!
zap
--------------------

sparkler

guess what apparently ive still got broadband with talktalk and ive only got 1 line :/

mrapoc

they gave us all that cr*p after we left

charging us

threatening court action

saying we still have a line

eventually got it sorted by asking to be put through to manager/supervisor and explaining that IDnet handles our internet now

sparkler

Thank you for contacting TalkTalk Customer Support.

I understand that you have a dispute on your charges as you were still billed after your migration date. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this matter has caused you.

Having checked your account records, I confirm that your broadband account remains active as no request to cancel has been made for this yet. Please note that requesting for a MAC does not guarantee that your account will be cancelled automatically. The customer should confirm with our Cancellations Team that the service has already been taken over by the new provider so we can it cancelled from our end.

Given the above case, kindly call our Cancellations Team to stop generating further charges. They may be reached on 0845 077 4488, options 4 and 2. Lines are open from 8am to 9pm, Mondays through Fridays, from 8am to 6pm on Saturdays and from 9am to 5pm on Sundays.

mrapoc

A big F to that mate

Threaten the usual Ofcom and get your money back. We were lucky that we had cancelled direct debit but it sounds like they already have your cash? Call them up. Refuse to let it lie till you have been refunded - that is disgusting!

Oh yeh, you can have a MAC code so you can move service, but I'm sure you will appreciate us keeping your account open in case you just wanna switch over to our service...whilst on IDnet's. Idiots

sparkler

i haven't been charged yet just got the bill today and got i sorted i think but cost me £11-£12 in mobile calls so i complained to ofcom as ive even got a letter from them saying it had been canceled dated 14th march

pctech

Its enough to make anyone WalkWalk

Simon

Pipex used the same methods.  Luckily, I made sure I cancelled the account as well as getting my MAC, when I left them.
Simon.
--

sparkler

if ofcom did its job we wouldn't have these problems and i got an email from idnet confirming that my internet was transferred to them that everyone except talktalk knows so if talktalk give me anymore problems ill just go to the solicitors and have them deal with it

trophymick

Deal with them in writing, head of company, registered (signed for) mail, and charge the appropiate fee for each contact (£15 to £25), a paper record is priceless. :thumb:
They don't like it "up em sir". :whistle:
Mick

sparkler

lawyers are better im entitled to legal aid and im betting there lawyers are more expensive then a few letters

pctech

Had a similar issue with Plusnet (BT Retail subsidiary) when I moved my lines to Phone coop (before I moved them to IDNet)

Took me three months of phone calls to get to talk to someone within Plusnet who had the authority to cancel the account despite BT Wholesale starting to bill Phone co-op for the lines.

sparkler

ive never had a problem with BT customer service and i was able to sort things out though email instead of long costly phone calls but lucky i get a new home phone next week so i can use my landlines instead of mobile and call lawyers from it and ofcom infact i might use it to complain about ofcom being toothless XD

pctech

When a regulator exists largely on licence fees paid by the industry you can hardly expect it to be truly independent as for the overpaid management alone it does not make sense to bite the hand that feeds too hard.

Bill

Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

sparkler

incentive my ass if they want to provide an incentive to improve a large fine will do