Major Problems?

Started by Desaan, Apr 22, 2011, 03:15:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Desaan

Since midnight, despite not being disconnected or re synced I'm getting nothing to load and when it does it takes about 10mins to load one page.
This has been happening FAR too much lately!  :'(

Tracing route to idnet.com [212.69.36.10]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms     1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.0.1
  2    34 ms    31 ms    31 ms  telehouse-gw2-lo1.idnet.net [212.69.63.51]
  3    29 ms    30 ms     *     telehouse-gw5-e4-400.idnet.net [212.69.63.245]
  4    30 ms     *        *     redbus-gw2-g0-1-331.idnet.net [212.69.63.5]
  5    30 ms     *       30 ms  redbus-gw1-fa2-0-300.idnet.net [212.69.63.225]
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7     *        *       29 ms  212.69.36.10

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Gary>tracert idnet.com
Unable to resolve target system name idnet.com.

C:\Users\Gary>tracert idnet.com

Tracing route to idnet.com [212.69.36.10]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.0.1
  2    35 ms   419 ms    30 ms  212.69.63.51
  3    30 ms    30 ms    30 ms  telehouse-gw5-e4-400.idnet.net [212.69.63.245]
  4     *        *      168 ms  212.69.63.5
  5     *        *       30 ms  redbus-gw1-fa2-0-300.idnet.net [212.69.63.225]
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7    30 ms     *       30 ms  212.69.36.10

Trace complete.

Desaan

aaaaaaaaaaaaand just as I post it seems to have woken up!  ::)

aaaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone again!

/givesup

zappaDPJ

I've had the same issue, it started shortly after midnight. The symptom is packet loss but I've no idea what the cause is. For reference I'm in the North London area.

zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

beeurd

I appear to be having the same issue here in north Worcestershire.

Router appears to be connected fine at a 6.2Mbps, but the only websites I have found that I have access are BBC, Google, IDnet and this forum. Bit frustrating.

:(

Athena

Been having random DNS resolver issues, connection issues, you name it, started about two hours ago.

Lately there's been no end of issues and it's starting to wear on my patience. I know it's BT and all but surely the ISP's should start making noise about the shoddy service they're getting.

Desaan

I'm in Liverpool for reference.  Currently seeing between 25%-100% packet loss, this is some 4 and a half hours after it started.  Brilliant.

Paxtonite

I'm in Essex, and same problem here. Also getting a bit peeved with this continual problem.

Gary

Same happened here at 1am I could not access any sites at all, I'm in West Sussex, totally fed up with what seems to be almost a weekly event now  >:(
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Steve

The packet loss seemed to correct itself around 05:00. No idea what the cause was. :dunno:
Steve
------------

Lance

Although it's typical BT maintenance timing.
Lance
_____

jameshurrell

4 lines here monitored on TBB BQM graphs - three are IDNet, 1 is BT Retail. The three IDNet lines showed the packet loss, the BT retail one did not. Two of the lines (1 x BT and 1 x IDnet) are on the same exchange and go to the same building - so from that I guess it's easy to conclude that the problem seemed to be within the IDNet network somewhere.

Ardua

Would this be the same as a "Timeout PPP Negotiation Failed'?  It happened twice last night at 02.28 and again at 03.09 in the Worcestershire area? Fortunately, there has been no reduction in my connection speeds.

TheDuke

I to had the same issue around that time, ignore the 100% packet loss for about an hour, the router was off.
Rochford Exchange in Essex

Was asleep during those hours so didn't really effect me.

dlorde

Similar problem here in north east Kent, from midnight to 5am.

Bill

I won't bother with the BQM trace, but the same out here in Oxfordshire.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

JB

Same again, in Cheshire.
JB

'Keyboard not detected ~ Press F1 to continue'

Niall

Last night I noticed my I couldn't connect to some pages and others were VERY slow to load. This was at 8:15. I was actually bored, sitting on the wall outside waiting for a taxi, so I rebooted the router from my phone (I felt like such a geek :D) but it didn't seem to solve the issue. Everything seemed okay when I came back from town around midnight. Also, I noticed that a couple of wi-fi spots in town were having problems too. During the night, whilst being all bored and nerdy, I found two unsecured wi-fi connections in addition to the few free pub wi-fis around and they were having similar issues. Although that's not the best way to compare as I have no idea who these people were using as providers.

To be honest it smells of BT doing unscheduled/unnotified work again.

Oh, I'm in Wrexham.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

esh

My plot is absolutely clean, zero packet loss. gw5, Northampton way.
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

AzShane

Same Packetloss showing here, Leicester

.Griff.

Technical Ben

No problems here. Perfect speed and ping. On ASDL Vanilla. ;)
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

AzShane

Possible its limited to 21CN? or what ever the ASDL2+ thing is called  :dunno:

gyruss

Don't think its limited, i had a total loss of internet this morning, and this last week my net has noticeably been dropping connections etc.

I gave up in the end this morning, the BT Wholesale message was rather boring to look at.

i'm on the up to 8mb service, router is in the hall, and no changes to my pc or cabling.  All twisted pair.    Shame really, i had quite a good winter and early months of this year with no issue, then all of a sudden it starts playing up.    I'm simply not buying yet another router again this time, i threw £180 at it last time and there really IS a point where this should be fixed between the ISP and BT.. after all, they are the providers here.
Jase

Aaron

Had problems browsing as well during the same time periods of midnight to 3am
IDNet Home Pro ADSL2+ 4Mbps | Billion BiPAC 7800N

jameshurrell

Quote from: AzShane on Apr 22, 2011, 16:48:12
Possible its limited to 21CN? or what ever the ASDL2+ thing is called  :dunno:

No unfortunately not - of my three IDnet lines (yes I'm greedy  ;) ), two are bog standard ADSL up to 8MB, the other is 21CN ADSL2+... all had the problem...