Unable to clear cache?

Started by Border, Apr 22, 2011, 14:36:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Border

I have 3pcs and a laptop in 1 office. The laptop connects wirelessley, the pcs have cable connections from a ZyXEL Prestige 600 series and Swith Fast Ethernet EDIMAX. Broadband works fine apart from not letting me connect to a site we have placed on a new server.I can see the 'new' site from a different location with a pc and laptops wirelessley. I have been told to clear the cookies and cache which following the help instructions i seem to have done. Do i need to get idnet to clear at their end for me and could this be done without waiting for days till the bank holiday is over.

TheDuke

From what I understand you have a new website on a server and your able to connect to it from another location, but not from your office.
You could try running "ipconfig /flushdns" from a command prompt, this will flush the DNS Resolver cache on a single computer.  However it is likely that the the updates just haven't got to your office ISP yet.
To get around this you could try using some public DNS servers OpenDNS and Google supply some, there are drawbacks to this though and where possible you should probably use your ISP's DNS servers.
I believe updates can take up to 72 hours to fully propagate.

Ben

Steve

:welc: :karma:  Border

Nothing to add to what Ben has already said.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

Simon.
--

Ray

Ray
--------------------

Lance

I've always found IDNet's DNS servers quick to react to changes.
Lance
_____