Connection problem with new setup

Started by andyman2, May 09, 2011, 14:40:34

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterW

It does seem like there were some reports of problems with the 2800 and 21CN.
This http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/dslrouter/3880073-21cn-with-dratek-2800.html seems to suggest a later firmware sorted the problems

andyman2

Yes, I did see a previous mention of problems with the router, but as far as I could see the issues were mostly with ADSL2. This  exchange is just ADSL Max (Bosham). However if I can get the netgear working I will experiment with f/w on the Draytek.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

MisterW

QuoteThis  exchange is just ADSL Max (Bosham).

QuoteI believe this is a standard ADSL line
Oops, somehow I seem to have missed that in your earlier post. :red:

Gary

Quote from: andyman2 on May 12, 2011, 21:05:54
Yes, I did see a previous mention of problems with the router, but as far as I could see the issues were mostly with ADSL2. This  exchange is just ADSL Max (Bosham). However if I can get the netgear working I will experiment with f/w on the Draytek.
Are you on the Bosham exchange? Just wondering as I am too, no problem with Netgears on it of Speedtouch.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

andyman2

Well my elderly mother in law is and I will be lunch time tomorrow, with a Netgear router so I'm hoping for instant success! Thanks

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Glenn

I won't, I'm trying to hit a ball around a field with a stick.
Glenn
--------------------

Rik

Rik
--------------------

andyman2

Same problem with the Netgear router :(
I was unable to get thro to anyone on that number too which was a bit of a disappointment, although I expect there would have been little they could do. It would seem that the line is not correctly set up yet. Will send email to idnet to look into it. You may be able to tell, I have calmed down now. Was a little anxious yesterday!

Rik

It's a bugger when this kind of thing happens at a distance. It sounds like BT hasn't done the job correctly. :(
Rik
--------------------

andyman2

Yup, guess what problem in the exchange! Sorted very quickly once we got them involved. Perhaps I should bill them for my time and travel costs!

Thanks for everyone's input much appreciated

Until the next time

Andy

Rik

Glad you got there, Andy, but you're right - BT should be as quick to compensate for their failures as they are to bill.
Rik
--------------------

Niall

Been busy tonight, but just noticed my router wasn't connected and checked the logs. Yep, reconnecting all night. In fact, all day :(

I'll turn the router off overnight and see what happens when I come home tomorrow night.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy