Any problems tonight?

Started by Niall, May 16, 2011, 20:38:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall

My connection has dropped three times since I got in from the gym at about 5:30pm.

Mon, 2011-05-16 17:50:30 - LCP down.
Mon, 2011-05-16 17:50:33 - [Internet disconnected]
Mon, 2011-05-16 17:51:31 - [Internet disconnected]

Mon, 2011-05-16 19:08:18 - LCP down.
Mon, 2011-05-16 19:08:21 - [Internet disconnected]
Mon, 2011-05-16 19:09:20 - [Internet disconnected]

Mon, 2011-05-16 19:16:33 - LCP down.
Mon, 2011-05-16 19:16:36 - [Internet disconnected]
Mon, 2011-05-16 19:17:33 - [Internet disconnected]

Any issues that anyone knows of? I've noticed the old page not loading much more often tonight too. If that makes any difference :shrug:
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

sobranie

Lance

I'm not an expert at reading router logs but that looks like loss of sync to me, so something local to you and your exchange. Could have been noise bursts or BT fiddling at the exchange.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

sobranie

Niall

Dunno how routing works around this area but I'm in wrexham on the central exchange. I didn't notice anything after I posted but I was mainly watching TV afterwards :D
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

netn00b

the service last night and this morning is terrible.

cant even login to some websites etc today /sigh

Niall

Just checking my logs now as my connection is down again, and my line has been dropping over and over since midnight. Well, that's as far back as my logs go, and I went to bed around 11pm so didn't notice anything while I was up. Smells like BT at work. It being down now is a total pain in the arse as I wanted to check my bank statement before going to work :(
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Gary

Quote from: Niall on May 18, 2011, 07:53:28
Just checking my logs now as my connection is down again, and my line has been dropping over and over since midnight. Well, that's as far back as my logs go, and I went to bed around 11pm so didn't notice anything while I was up. Smells like BT at work. It being down now is a total pain in the arse as I wanted to check my bank statement before going to work :(
Mines up right now, but I had to make a payment last night and of course it went down, did it over the phone instead, I don't like talking to people at 2am  ;D
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Glenn

This page that Tac found details planned BT works http://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/
Glenn
--------------------

Gary

Yep my code was in there, Thanks Glenn  :thumb:

Niall

It shows work done on the 11th &  12th for my code (01978).

Hmm.
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Gary

Mine shows last night and tonight  :bawl:

Niall

Oh and my sisters line has been awful since that work date too. They're contacting support today. What makes matters worse for them is that just a few yards down the road, people are getting stable 13mb lines, as am I just under half a mile away.

Really getting sick of BT now.
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Gary

Quote from: Niall on May 18, 2011, 13:49:38
Oh and my sisters line has been awful since that work date too. They're contacting support today. What makes matters worse for them is that just a few yards down the road, people are getting stable 13mb lines, as am I just under half a mile away.

Really getting sick of BT now.
I know what you mean Niall, we still have not got a WBC date yet let alone FTTC   :( Starting to feel like I'm paying a premium for next to nothing on adsl.

Niall

In the main my line had been very good, but the speed I get doesn't reflect the distance I am from the exchange (13mb less than a mile away). Recently I've had more and more quirks or disconnections. It annoys me more because BT don't say what they are working on or why there are problems when there's no work or faults reported.

Seriously, why was my line dropping over and over on brand new equipment, due to a local exchange issue (it seems) if there is no work in this area? Obviously they're doing something but don't say what.
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

esh

Line failure at roughly 00:28 BST, 19th May. Downtime < 5 mins. Was not being issued an IP address.
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

zappaDPJ

I'm having some strange issues as well which started at 23:29:00

QuoteWednesday, May 18,2011 23:29:00
[Internet disconnected]

zap
--------------------

Bill

I've had some brief periods of no connection tonight, and looking at some other people's live BQMs that I've made a note of (from tbb, not here) it would appear to be down to IDNet.

What gives?

Edit- from router log:

May 19 00:28:01  daemon  pppd[2622]: LCP terminated by peer
  May 19 00:28:01  daemon  pppd[2622]: LCP terminated by peer
  May 19 00:28:01  daemon  pppd[2622]: Clear IP addresses.  Connection DOWN.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

zappaDPJ

I'd like to know as well Bill. I was going to take a very busy forum down for 30 minutes to apply an update at 2.30am but I'm a little nervous about doing it now.
zap
--------------------

Bill

As a slightly off-topic point, your router appears to be using GMT, not Daylight Saving Time :P
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Moonshine

Hi

I lost connection a while ago for a bit....was wondering if it was just me, but perhaps not??  :)

zappaDPJ

Quote from: Bill on May 19, 2011, 00:48:13
As a slightly off-topic point, your router appears to be using GMT, not Daylight Saving Time :P

Well spotted, if there's a setting to adjust it and I'm sure there is, I've never found it :blush:
zap
--------------------

Bill

Quote from: Bill on May 19, 2011, 00:39:25it would appear to be down to IDNet.

I take that back... at least one Aquiss user appears to have been hit as well, so the blame gets transferred (as usual) to BT.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

.Griff.

Quote from: Moonshine on May 19, 2011, 00:48:58
Hi

I lost connection a while ago for a bit....was wondering if it was just me, but perhaps not??  :)

I lost connection at about 12:30 for 10 minutes (give or take)

Bill

Quote from: zappaDPJ on May 19, 2011, 00:54:28
Well spotted, if there's a setting to adjust it and I'm sure there is, I've never found it :blush:

It took me a while to get it sorted on mine- I had to set Daylight Saving to Automatic and time zone to GMT (various, incl London). Selecting simple GMT didn't cut it.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6