This is well thought out

Started by Niall, May 19, 2011, 09:44:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall

Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

trophymick

Mick

pctech

How about set up prison chain gangs to do it and let the unemployed skilled workers get jobs.

FritzBox

I'd like my exchange upgraded to ADSL2 please before I have to start waiting for FTTP

pctech

A couple of people round me have FTTP but my ISP who are taking part in the trial have not been told the wholesale price by BT so not going for it yet because if its a 7 hour install and 12 month contract and I get asked for 60 quid a month when the trial ends I'm not going to be a happy chap.

Rik

IAC, do you really need that speed, Mitch, assuming that BT do better at delivering speed than they have done with FTTC.
Rik
--------------------

pctech

I'd like a little more than 1.9 Meg I have to say, FTTC is only being deployed by BT where it is uneconomic to deploy FTTP, they will not do a dual roll out as I understand it.

Anyway thats for the future.

Rik

Curious that they seem to be doing both in MK.
Rik
--------------------

john

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Lance

Quote from: pctech on May 19, 2011, 10:58:07
A couple of people round me have FTTP but my ISP who are taking part in the trial have not been told the wholesale price by BT so not going for it yet because if its a 7 hour install and 12 month contract and I get asked for 60 quid a month when the trial ends I'm not going to be a happy chap.

Would they be able to do that though? Surely there must be some sort of break clause otherwise it would be an unfair contract trapping you and forcing you to pay an underterminable amount at some unknown point in the future.
Lance
_____

pctech

When I have a bit more dosh to play with I'll talk it over with Zen, at the moment the other provider (A&A) who the person I know has it with are charging them FTTC rates which in Zen's case if they were to do the same would be 35 quid a month minimum but I would get 50GB transfer included.

Zen were good enough to give me a discount on my charge so not going to do anything at the minute.

I am going to stick with them anyway if I was to do anything with this as (no offence to IDNet) they have been terrific when have rung up and moaned about my line being slow and they played with the BRAS settings and got it a bit quicker.