Connection dropping numerous times since last night

Started by .Griff., May 19, 2011, 16:14:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

That's odd, your DLM doesn't seem to be behaving in the same way as mine :dunno:

But at least it's moving in the right direction!
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

.Griff.

72 hours later and the IP Profile still isn't rising  >:(

.Griff.

Seadog

Quote from: .Griff. on May 30, 2011, 13:18:55
The problem has returned  :mad:

Hi Griff,

That looks like the exact network problem I had yesterday morning, compare yours and mine, almost identical!! Could be a problem with the gateway to IDNet. Maybe get support to kick someones backside at BT, something has been very wrong the past week, did not have anything this bad with ADSL!!! See Below;

jameshurrell

Both, I have exactly the same in my bqm from yesterday morning. Of the four lines I monitor (3 idnet,1 bt), the one on the Shrewsbury exchange had that issue - it's an idnet line and the only 21c line I monitor. A 20c idnet line on a neighbouring exchange was fine. Make of that what you will!!

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

.Griff.

Quote from: Bill on May 25, 2011, 15:24:42
Profiles on FTTC behave rather differently, they seem to follow the sync pretty well instantaneously.

It's been 10 days now since the problem was resolved and I reset the modem but despite a reliable connection my IP Profile is still "stuck" where it was and there's nothing I can do about it  :mad:

.Griff.

Another two days passes with no line drops or any obvious signs of packetloss yet the IP Profile is the same as it was nearly a fortnight ago.

What do you think Bill? Is it worth contacting support? Can they actually do anything about it if I do?

pctech

I thought they could request the banding be removed if it is indeeded banded.

Bill

Not sure how much they can do these days, but I think it's worth giving them a call- there might be some other reason that they can see why the line isn't improving.

My profile has been up and down like a yo-yo over the last few weeks, between less than 30K and the full 38717, along with a short spell of fastpath :dunno:
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

.Griff.

I gave them a call and spoke to James. He suggested turning off the modem completely for 10 minutes and monitoring the IP Profile over the next week.

I'll update the thread next week. (Or sooner hopefully)

Glenn

Griff, my line seems to be 'stuck' at 24mb after the problems I had Thursday - Saturday, so you are not alone. I can't get BT speedtest to run. to see what the profile is.
Glenn
--------------------

Seadog

Quote from: .Griff. on Jun 06, 2011, 16:13:07
I gave them a call and spoke to James. He suggested turning off the modem completely for 10 minutes and monitoring the IP Profile over the next week.

I'll update the thread next week. (Or sooner hopefully)

Hi Griff,

I think your on the same Gateway as me, did you have an outage early this morning?? I was in bed when it happened but just checking the BQM to make sure everything was ok and found this!! Does anyone know if some maintenance was carried out perhaps last night ??? See below;

Any comments welcomed, thanks

.Griff.

Yup exactly the same 1 hour (ish) outage happened to me last night as well.

Bill

I had a brief (<2 minute) PPP drop at about 7:45 this morning, and a loss of service like yours on Tuesday:

BT are probably poking things again :(
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Seadog

Quote from: .Griff. on Jun 09, 2011, 14:22:29
Yup exactly the same 1 hour (ish) outage happened to me last night as well.

Quote from: Bill on Jun 09, 2011, 14:23:43
I had a brief (<2 minute) PPP drop at about 7:45 this morning, and a loss of service like yours on Tuesday:

BT are probably poking things again :(

Bizzare, ok looks like BT were doing some work last night then, hopefully upgrading things ???

.Griff.

I'm not sure if it's anything to do with last nights outage but I've just realised that my IP Profile has gone from 25,859kbps to 33,872kbps at some point in the last 24 hours.

Almost back up to normal now  :)

Niall

Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

Rik
--------------------

.Griff.

Another line drop/resync this morning and I'm up to 36,811kbps  ;D

Almost there now!!

Rik

You watch, the next one will change direction.  :evil:
Rik
--------------------

pctech

Rik

Rik
--------------------

.Griff.

Back down again.. 31,060kbps now.

One week, maybe many years in the future, it will stay at the same IP Profile for longer than a few days  ::)