BT's DSLAM is not as sophisticated as people think

Started by Ardua, May 28, 2011, 09:03:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Ardua

Yesterday, my router was hit by 6 disconnections in 4 hours. The disconnections stopped when the Council, which was patch repairing a road that runs past my property to the nearest cabinet, put its heavy roller to bed. The roller was pounding the road with sufficient force to make the pictures in my house shake. Once calm had been restored, I ran a BT Speedtest only to find that my both my connection rate and IP had risen by 500. It is clear to me that the good old-fashioned hammer does have its place in today's digital World. :slap:

pctech

Like investments, line rate can go up as well as down.  ;D

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

esh

So the new plan is to get you and all your neighbours to jump up and down near the green cabinet to increase your line rate?
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

Rik

That's it - though I'll probably be able to do it on my own. ;D
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

pctech

Quote from: Rik on May 28, 2011, 09:16:37
I wonder where I can borrow one from... ;D

If one can visit Fishermead (which is where I believe the equipment actually is although they still call it Bradwell Abbey) and get my speed up to 3 Meg I'd be very grateful but the driver should be advised to wear a bulletproof vest though.