internet dead

Started by gazzthompson, Jun 05, 2011, 11:46:39

Previous topic - Next topic

pctech

Support's response was that they couldn't run the line tester because iof a line change and referred back to his voice/line rental provider.

My understanding is that the line checker that IDNet would be using in this case would be to check the data side of the line?

Rik

But...

QuoteI have completed tests on
the line and everything is testing fine except the phone line itself.
The line test is not able to recognise your phone line correctly.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

pctech

Rik

I checked with Brian. The fault showing is a metallic path one, therefore a telephony issue. He's asked BT to run more diagnostics in the hope that they will act on the result, but if the OP's voice line is not with BT, he's not hopeful. Getting a BT broadband engineer out is likely to cost upwards of £200 and, unless he's a helpful type, he'll just say there's no BB fault, rather a voice fault. :(
Rik
--------------------

pctech

gazzthompson

Its back  ;D ;D ;D ;D , i guess brian got on BTs case before leaving work?

I gotta say, IDnet was very helpful but it is unbelievably frustrating to have no internet for 3 days on a line we pay £35+ a month for  :mad:

Im not sure what happened but basically:

Call IDnet: "Copper line problem, call BT"
Call BT: "no faults"
Call IDnet: "Tests still show Copper line problem -Insert Tech talk-, call BT"
Call BT: "Still copper line problem -Insert tech talk-, Call IDnet and get a Engineer from them"
Call IDnet "Did they offer a Engineer? We cant offer engineers for Copper line problems, only broadband engineers, ill call BT"

Line is magically back on. yeah it was frustrating but no real complains with IDnet i guess.

Also apologies about This Message... bad weekend, and the net going out was the cherry ontop of the Sh*t Sunday that was my weekend.

Glenn

I know how you feel, mine was off for 38 hours from Thursday evening.
Glenn
--------------------

Steve

Steve
------------

Simon

Glad it's sorted, Gazz.  :thumb:
Simon.
--

Rik

Brian chews a good strip off people.  :thumb:
Rik
--------------------

Technical Ben

Wow. Shows how poor the BT service is in comparison really.
It's why I'm more patient with service providers (IDNet in this case). I've been in the same situation in a call centre. I've discussed in length what I've done to help a customer. Then sent them on to the next company that must do their bit. The customer comes back saying the company passed the buck, and it's down to me to fix it. All I can do is politely explain to the customer that I'm in a different industry, company and office to the one they really want.
Especially was this so when I'm in an insurance office, and the customer is asking me for their Tax disc.  :whistle:

You've shown some intelligence gazzthompson by not letting a bad situation get you down, and found a solution!
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.