FTTC, how much coverage within the town?

Started by jezuk1, Jun 20, 2011, 17:50:05

Previous topic - Next topic

jezuk1

Hi all,

FTTC is apparently coming to my town (Hitchin) around September time. How likely is it that I'll be able to upgrade? When BT enable the town for FTTC is every street upgraded or is it down to a bit of luck? I live quite near the centre of town but I don't know where my nearest street cabinet is.  :)

Jez

Rik

It's a case of the exchange being upgraded, then the cabinets are rolled out. Unfortunately, not every cabinet will be upgraded, so all you can do is check your number in the IDNet customer account page.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

jezuk1

Rik

Rik
--------------------

.Griff.

I can't remember for sure but I think that massive spreadsheet that did the rounds showed what percentage of cabinets on a particular exchange were being upgraded.

jm_paulin

You can also check planning permission application, and their status. Once they are approved, you'll see the BT Openreach vans parked all over the place around the cabinet location....

Steve

I thought I'd have a look locally as I've seen some new cabinets, I guess if your in a conservation area Planning permission is required as they are the only ones I can find listed? Interestingly the applications in Stamford are listed under a company called Harlequin Limited (The application contains a picture of the cabinet. )
Steve
------------