Is there any thing else I can try ?

Started by old Bill, May 26, 2007, 23:37:53

Previous topic - Next topic

old Bill

I would like to move back on to max as 2Mb is just to slow with some of the files I am going to be downloading over the next few weeks. I reboot my router and the noise margin starts as a very healthy 19.5 but during the evning it drops back down to 12.5.  C/S have told me that Max is not a option on my line but I feel that  since my line starts of with good stats there must be a problem someware which is making it drop. Is there anything else I can try in the house ? when I run the quite line test there is a bit of a hiss in the background is this normal ?

DorsetBoy

In a word Bill NO!

The stats you see on a fixed rate service are not really relevant to Max.

You have seen for yourself that despite all the calls, visits etc nothing has made your line stable  enough for Max. CS have told you Max is NOT a viable option on your line.

From memory your downstream speed on Max was @ 3000kbps at best,the difference you will see between that and a stable 2MB fixed connection is so small you wouldn't really notice.

Other than that unless BTW lay all new lines for you the only other option is to move house.

Rik

Quote from: old Bill on May 26, 2007, 23:37:53
C/S have told me that Max is not a option on my line but I feel that  since my line starts of with good stats there must be a problem someware which is making it drop. Is there anything else I can try in the house ? when I run the quite line test there is a bit of a hiss in the background is this normal ?

I echo what Dorset has said, Bill. With a noise increase like that on fixed-rate, Max is not an option. You've had just about everything tried on your line that can be, and it isn't going to be miraculously better than it was when you were on Max previously.

The hiss is often a function of the phone itself, check with other models and check with your ADSL disconnected.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Lance

I echo the above replies. Max is NOT an option.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.