Want a laugh?

Started by Simon, Jul 06, 2011, 16:35:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Ofcom draws up UK broadband map.

An interactive map, created for the telecoms watchdog Ofcom, has revealed the state of broadband around the UK.

It shows that 68% of homes had a fixed connection with an average speed of 7.5Mbps (megabits per second).

Residents of Luton and Newtonabbey were most likely to have access to superfast broadband (over 24Mbps).

But 14% of connected households remained in the slow lane with speeds of less than 2Mbps.

The clickable map allows people to see what take-up and speed is like in their area.

"We are now developing a clear picture of the UK's fixed broadband infrastructure and how it delivers for consumers," said Ofcom's chief executive Ed Richards.

"We hope that this information will stimulate further rollout of broadband infrastructure and better performance for households and businesses."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14043829
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Steve

I have absolutely no desire to move to Luton >:D
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

pctech

Me neither, MK is bad enough.

Had to go to Luton several times, got in and got out ASAP.

Niall

Can't say I'm surprised to see that Wrexham is red. The quality of the lines around here is dreadful in places. Still, only 2-3 years until fibre is installed ::)
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Technical Ben

Wow. I am suprised the average is 7.5. I thought it would be 6 at most.  ???
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Lona

I can't click on the map. ???

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Gary

Quote from: Lona on Jul 07, 2011, 01:49:15
I can't click on the map. ???
You have to click where it says clickable map in the article, lona not on the map in the picture.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Lona

Thanks Gary, I've noticed it now.

North Ayrshire average is supposed to be 7.1.  I've never had that. My highest has been 5 and that's only now and again.

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

pctech

Extremely small print except Lona  :evil: