Broadband switch over to Idnet HELP REQUIRED

Started by Vladigood, Jul 09, 2011, 10:36:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladigood

I have been told by Idnet and Sky that the changeover will be on 7.7.11, I am currently still receiving Sky broadband. I have purchased a new router ready for the change and would think that I would loose BB when it is switched, install new router with username and password and go. However I still have BB? could someone enlighten me please. Thanks in advance.

Steve

:welc5: :karma:

We do not have any access here to any Idnet customer information so can only summise. If you were a Sky LLU customer some downtime is inevitable as some local exchange work is required. If you were Sky Broadband Connect there can be a period of time when your old and new connections are both accessible.

So either it's not happened or your old connection is still accessible in this case try your new router with the IDNet settings. I'm pretty sure that you should get an email from IDNet confirming successful migration.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

Have you tried setting up the router with the new details?  Sometimes there's a crossover where the old service is still active, but the new service is also 'live'. 
Simon.
--

Simon

Simon.
--

Vladigood

pctech

Had this before when I've switched ISPs because unless you are switching from LLU to a BT Wholesale connection there are no physical connection changes as far as I'm aware, all that changes is the BT routing and the system waits for a while to change this.

Vladigood

All works good thanks for all the help..

Simon

Simon.
--