Brief outage?

Started by jameshurrell, Jul 22, 2011, 14:00:57

Previous topic - Next topic

jameshurrell

Anyone else experience a brief outage just now? I lost my connection here (websites would not load/ping and MSN/Skype dropped), however, the router stayed in sync and PPP session remained up. The outage can be seen in my TBB graph, with the same on my two other IDNet lines...

I rebooted the router here and that solved it, but the other two lines seemed to have come back to life on their own...

What gives? IDNet issue?

Lance

DOn't know, but I had to reconnect on my work VPN as it kicked me off.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

jameshurrell

Yes same here... VPN dropped too.

Baz

I had something dont know what.no pages would load but never dropped connection,laptops were still connected and working ok

talos

Same here, not long tho 8-)

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

Bill

Me too, but only on IPv4, not IPv6... work that out ;D

Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Inkblot

Lost 2 out of 3 VPNs that run to our other sites, lost all web connectivity - but the router still says uptime of 300+ hours and I can't see how 1 of the VPN links apparently stayed up  :dunno:

jameshurrell

Yes, wierd isn't it!!  ???

fortyniner

I had the same, a traceroute went one step out from the router but that was all - down for a couple of minutes I guess which in the overall scheme of things is pretty good going :)

Rik

A peering dropped briefly, and the failover happened so fast that IDNet couldn't trace which one.  There was no problem with BT or within IDNet's network.
Rik
--------------------

sof2er

After the outage I'm having DNS issues on IDNET/Opendns and google DNS, websites seem to load slowly or not at all until I refresh a few times and then they load.

fortyniner

Quote from: Rik on Jul 22, 2011, 17:14:55
A peering dropped briefly, and the failover happened so fast that IDNet couldn't trace which one.  There was no problem with BT or within IDNet's network.

Thanks for the update Rik :)

Rik

Rik
--------------------