line problems

Started by BrianM, Jul 26, 2011, 17:52:30

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianM

My connection speed dropped last Friday from   5391 Kbps to 116 Kbps. B T have been renewing wires in the junction box for last five days. Phoned  BT Friday, they did a line test and found a fault but it was late and they couldn't fix it until Monday. My phone line seems to have been shared over the weekend with noisy line and 116 Kbps. speeds.
Not  :rant2:  Just posting my experience. My line and internet are back to nearly normal today  4229 Kbps   and BT phoned me back today and asked if everything was ok.  :thumb:  :fingers:       Now my neighbor's phone has gone dead.  :slap:  
Brian

Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them.

Rik

Sounds typical of BT, Brian, I had similar problems in May & June.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Niall

You know what? I'm wondering if they've done the same around here. My DSL has been awful for around 2 months, but my phone line was okay. Recently my mums line suddenly stopped working and she had to contact IDnet twice, then my phone line had a lot of noise on it. BT claimed that on my mums line there was a damaged line 2km away (which incidentally is the distance to the exchange) after someone dropped something on the cables. After this was supposedly repaired the line became unusable again, so another ticket was submitted on the Friday but the phone was working again on the Saturday. I have no idea if IDnet have replied to my mum via email as she only checks them something like once a fortnight, but it's odd if BT have done work at the weekend!

It's too much of a coincidence that my line has been cr*p after being solid for years. I've spent a fortune on replacing things people have advised will be/could be/might be the problem, even started to convince myself it's a fault outside, which BT say it isn't. I've heard nothing back from support to say BT have given them any information on the fault, but they did say they'd reported one, so maybe it was a fault.

I swear to god I'm driving myself insane thinking about this. There SERIOUSLY needs to be transparency at BT. It's like waking up with a disease and having no idea where it came from or how you contracted it, and if there's a cure no one is telling you. There is just ZERO information or help available to enable you to have any hope at all of things being fixed when you have problems. All you can do is contact support (who do a great job, for the record) who are immediately at the mercy of BT. If BT tell them a load of cr*p, then all you know is there's nothing wrong. When there is.

Infuriating isn't the word.

Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy