Web Space Question PHP?

Started by sparky, Jul 20, 2011, 17:39:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Seems not, sorry I didn't know that. :(
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

sparky

No problem Rik, not your fault.

Thanks for your help any ways, and for the links,  I've certainly learnt a few things, so all is not lost.

sparky

I still have a sneaky suspicion that although "not supported" it might work, if only I could find out the full server path to my web space  :-\

Technical Ben

Quote from: Ray on Jul 22, 2011, 10:09:47
You
You've already got the option to set up a Wordpress blog on your Idnet webspace if you go to your account settings and then Free extras, Ben.
Can I have it along with normal files too? Or will it wipe what I already have up there?
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Ray

Quote from: Technical Ben on Jul 22, 2011, 17:31:07
Can I have it along with normal files too? Or will it wipe what I already have up there?

No it shouldn't, Ben, you can have a Web Site, Photo Gallery and Blog within your Web space.
Ray
--------------------

sparky

Am I being thick?

Back to the original question about PHP being supported.

If idnet support a Wordpress blog, according to Wordpress, this is the requirements....

To run WordPress your host just needs a couple of things:
■PHP version 5.2.4 or greater
■MySQL version 5.0 or greater

I'm confused........................

Rik

You'll have to ask support, I'm afraid, we only know what we're told. It's possible, I suppose, that the blog space is on a different server.
Rik
--------------------

Niall

That's one of the reasons I stopped bothering with my hosting. The things I wanted to use weren't supported. I suppose it's to be expected with free space.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Technical Ben

True. I got to use some paid for space once. Was great. :D
Required a reformat or something of the space, but it could be setup to just about anything not CPU intensive (so no cloud computing or gaming :P ).
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.