Plusnet webmail problems

Started by Rik, May 17, 2007, 10:49:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

For those of you who haven't seen the story, Plusnet has had to shut its webmail interface indefinitely. The story is being carried in El Reg.

The story carries an interesting quote from Neil Armstong (not the Neil Armstrong, surely?), product development director at Plusnet, "Armstrong pointed to a legacy of underinvestment at the firm, which it copped to earlier this year on its BT-backed relaunch. He said: "That has changed now and it's worth knowing that this is a new vulnerability in a piece of third party software.""
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

Crisis Management...one crisis to the next.

Glad to be away from the incompetents. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Indeed. It's some admission by the guy though...

(and I see Pipex are cutting support jobs, so I'm well pleased to be away from Nildram!)
Rik
--------------------

Adam

Pipex has been getting worse and worse since I left them in 2003. Even then things weren't perfect.. long hold times, billing mistakes, etc. I think with the convergence of ISPs we will see support drop in the industry overall. Small/medium providers will likely offer better support but at a price premium over the big boys, much like they do now.
Adam

Rik

I agree, Adam. Pipex were my first ISP, way back when (I think it was at 28.8k!). I left them quite quickly due to their arrogance. Nothing had changed when I tried Nildram. I prefer to pay a premium for service in most areas of life, I know what I want and what I don't, and one thing I cannot stand is being treated as a number.
Rik
--------------------

Adam

I think problems will arise for smaller providers when more of the ISPs get in to the triple/quad play game. At the moment there's only a few that can "do it all" and it's generally not available everywhere. I for one know it would be difficult to not be tempted to go for Phone/Mobile/Broadband/TV at say £40 instead of paying around £20 for each.
Adam

Rik

If someone offered me that, I would be struggling, since I currently pay about £92pm for that package. :)

But I'd have no problems resisting if it was Sky or Orange!  ;)
Rik
--------------------

Adam

As far as I'm aware only Virgin Media do such a deal at present. Perhaps O2 will offer up an alternative in September; the Be * LLU network seems to have a fairly good reach. Not that O2 is known for it's fantastic customer service. :P

Speaking of Be*, they recently added an activation date for my exchange, then removed it a week or two before the go live date. I don't appreciate them getting my hopes up then crushing them!  :whip:
Adam

Inactive

As things stand, I wouldn't consider any of the big players, at any price.

I am more than happy to pay a bit more for my BB than say Sky/Orange/TalkTalk etc.

I value my connection and I would not entrust it any of them.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.