iPlayer - the return

Started by peasblossom, Sep 05, 2011, 10:54:46

Previous topic - Next topic

peasblossom

Sigh. iPlayer has stopped telling me I don't have enough bandwidth but the visuals and the sound are not in sync even when I've cleared the cache. What can I do? (Downloading is not an option as that present more issues.)  :dunno:

Rik

Sorry, no idea as I never use it. Does the sound or the picture 'lead'?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

pctech

Are you trying to use the SD or HD version?

zappaDPJ

I've had this happen with iPlayer recently. On some occasions I was also getting two staggered soundtracks playing. I don't think it's an issue with iPlayer as such, I think it more likely to be caused by a browser/plug-in/driver problem. I found Firefox to be particularly prone although a recent update seems to have fixed it.

The only thing I can suggest is if you are using Firefox to try a more lightweight browser like Chrome.
zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

peasblossom

I'll give that go, zappa. Ta.

pctech

I've seen the problem Zap mentioned on SeeSaw which is another on demand service, think it must be a flash/firefox issue.

Gary

Not noticed any issues here  ???
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

peasblossom

You're doing well then, Gary.

Chrome was certainly better but still not great. I was sure it went backwards very slightly at one point! Ah well. I look forward to the upgrade that fixes it.

Gary

Firefox is 64 bit on the Mac, no idea if that makes any difference (it shouldn't) as flash player is still 32 bit. I just watched Dr Who all the way though, well yesterday actually and it played fine  :dunno:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

gyruss

I'm running windows 7 64-bit, Firefox 6.01, latest version of flash, and experience no such issues on my mine.  I would recommend however periodically clearing the cache in firefox, and also housekeeping temp in your windows profile.

I use iPlayer quite alot too.
Jase