Internet problem?

Started by Broadback, Sep 14, 2011, 15:17:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Broadback

Thanks pctech, I've already found that. will continue my research!  ;)
Nothing is perfect, not even my ignorance!

Broadback

Can't beleive it. When I an alternative browser I stopped IE from being the preferred one. Just had a pop up asking me if I wanted it to be, said Yes and it works. :blush:

Polchraine

Glad to hear it is sorted.

Now, get a decent browser, almost anything except Internet Exploder.   I would suggest FireFox as a good all round one.

Next,   you need to watch the connection - occasionally have a look at the Training/Sync History page to see if there have been any resync's and when.    Then either at 06:00 tomorrow morning or 20:30 tomorrow evening, go to:
http://192.168.0.1/xslt?PAGE=J21&THISPAGE=A02_POST&NEXTPAGE=J21 and then select "Reset ISP Connection".   That will force a resync and if there is any further headroom on your connection (which I think there could be) you may sync at a higher speed.

Also, can you go to:  http://192.168.0.1/xslt?PAGE=J03&THISPAGE=J21&NEXTPAGE=J03  and fill in the table below:

DSL Down Up
Current Rate: 0 kbs 0 kbs
Max Rate: 0 kbs 0 kbs
Current Connection:
Current Noise Margin: 0.0 dB 0.0 dB
Current Attenuation: 0.0 dB 0.0 dB
Current Output Power: 0.0 dBm 0.0 dBm
I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets.

Den

I assume you are winding him up about the browser, I have tried them all and returned to IE9 because it is far superier to the others. All my problems were caused by Norton 360 not IE9.   ::)
Mr Music Man.

Broadback

Trouble with changing browsers is the learning curve. I used SeaMonkey until quite recently, swapped because some sites I used did not like it, took me a while to get used to IE. Anyway thanks for the tips will do that, mind you I am asleep at 6.0am and nodding of again by 8.30pm.  :yawn:

Polchraine

Quote from: Den on Sep 15, 2011, 17:11:07
I assume you are winding him up about the browser, I have tried them all and returned to IE9 because it is far superier to the others. All my problems were caused by Norton 360 not IE9.   ::)

No ...     How many times do you come across security issues with IE?    A lot more than all of the others.       IE take longer to initialise,  is less flexible and is inferior to FireFox.

Polchraine

Quote from: Broadback on Sep 15, 2011, 17:17:26
Trouble with changing browsers is the learning curve. I used SeaMonkey until quite recently, swapped because some sites I used did not like it, took me a while to get used to IE. Anyway thanks for the tips will do that, mind you I am asleep at 6.0am and nodding of again by 8.30pm.  :yawn:

From experience, just after dawn and around sunset is the best time to do a resync to get the best speed and least chance of it dropping out as the SNR margin falls.