Ideas and help

Started by woppy101, Sep 14, 2011, 21:45:50

Previous topic - Next topic

woppy101

For the last two years I have had a rock solid 2.5mb line 3200sync (with sky/orange)with a dgn1000 and a billion7800n router (stats of 57.5db att with the dgn,63.5db att with the billion and a snr of 7db)and now since I have changed to idnet I have had to start my training period twice because the exchange keeps raising my snr.does anyone have any ideas why this could be I even bought a 2wire to see if that could do any better but when I plugged it in it synced@2800 and then went down to 2020 10 minutes later,how can I go from a rock stable line withs no disconnects in 6800hrs to one that can't hold a conection for 24hrs.I'm on idnets top home package btw

Many thanks
Woppy

Steve

My guess is your suffering the effects of BT's often over aggressive dynamic line management, your previous connection(s) I'm assuming were via LLU. I hope things settle down as they sometimes do, have you looked into any possible causes of noise/interference your side of the master socket.

BTW Can you manage a BT speedtest plus also interested to know whether you're on adslmax or adsl2+
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

woppy101

No I'm on a bt only exchange,I'm plugged into the master socket I cand find any sort of interference i have walked round with a mw radio. why couldn't they just set me to 3200kbps which I have been on for the last two years instead of doing the training period?

Steve

I agree doesn't make a lot of sense then.I wonder if there was some exchange work required when you migrated i.e lift and shift.
Steve
------------

woppy101

I'm on 8mb adsl max,which is the annoying thing because my ip profile is going all to pot

woppy101

Will my higher upload speed make any difference to my download speed and stability?because that's the only thing thats changed when I have changed over it was 448kbps and has went to 832kbps
Many thanks for any replys

Glenn

832kbs upload is an ADSL2+ connection I believe.
Glenn
--------------------

woppy101

No idnet offer it on there premium package,I'm on a 8mb Market 1 exchange

Rik

The two channels use separate frequencies, but it's possible that the extra frequencies used to achieve the higher upload speed could be hitting the lower end of the downstream spectrum.
Rik
--------------------

woppy101

Quote from: Rik on Sep 15, 2011, 09:58:05
The two channels use separate frequencies, but it's possible that the extra frequencies used to achieve the higher upload speed could be hitting the lower end of the downstream spectrum.
i may give idnet a ring to see what they think

Rik

Let us know what they say, will you?
Rik
--------------------