line dropping /not holding sync

Started by woppy101, Sep 17, 2011, 22:41:49

Previous topic - Next topic

woppy101

at the minute im using a dg834gt router(supose to hold on to a line down to 0db)so why does my line just drop?my snr was a 8.4db target of 9db when all of a sudden it just droped it didnt even look like the router tried to keep hold of the line!
i cant under stand why all off a sudden my line is so unstable,for 2 years i have had a constent sync of 3200 no i have changed to idnet my line cant even hold a 2mb connection,its not the router because i have tried dg834gt,dgn1000,dgn2200,billion7800n and a 2wire business hub(my wife has went nuts for buying all these routers)idnet are going to restart my training period on thursday for a 3rd time does anyone have any other ideas

Rik

Can you post the line stats from the router, please? Have you changed anything that's connected to the phone line recently? Have you acquired any new electrical equipment. Do you have an NTE5 master socket, the type where the bottom part of the faceplate can be removed?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

woppy101

Quote from: Rik on Sep 18, 2011, 11:04:05
Can you post the line stats from the router, please? Have you changed anything that's connected to the phone line recently? Have you acquired any new electrical equipment. Do you have an NTE5 master socket, the type where the bottom part of the faceplate can be removed?

Here are the stats I have a filtered face plate fitted by bt,nothing new has been fitted or changed in the house.
Current Rate:      2240 kbs      832 kbs
Max Rate:      2240 kbs      928 kbs
Current Connection:
Current Noise Margin:      13.0 dB      9.0 dB
Current Attenuation:      57.5 dB      31.0 dB
Current Output Power:      17.5 dBm      12.3 dBm

ATM      Since Reset      Current 24-Hour Interval      Current 15-Minute Interval      Time Since
Last Event
Cell Header Errors:      151      151      0      0:09:22
Loss of Cell Delineation:      0      0      0      0:00:00
DSL
Link Retrains:      0      0      0      0:00:00
DSL Training Errors:      0      0      0      0:00:00
Training Timeouts:      0      0      0      0:00:00
Loss of Framing Failures:      0      0      0      0:00:00
Loss of Signal Failures:      0      0      0      0:00:00
Loss of Power Failures:      0      0      0      0:00:00
Loss of Margin Failures:      0      0      0      0:00:00
Cumulative Seconds w/Errors:      77      77      1      0:01:24
Cumulative Sec. w/Severe Errors:      16      16      0      0:47:28
Corrected Blocks:      0      0      0      0:00:00
Uncorrectable Blocks:      722      722      1      0:01:24
DSL Unavailable Seconds:      37      37      0      1:33:55

the only thing I can think of is the day all this started I was synced @3787 I was walking down from work and saw that a bt engineer was in the green box. when I got in the house I saw I was synced @1600 after a few reconnects, I went and asked the engineer if he had been messing with my line and he said he was working on the other end of the estate and since then my line is unstable

Rik

If you dial 17070 and select option 2, quiet line test, do you hear any crackling?
Rik
--------------------

woppy101

Quote from: Rik on Sep 18, 2011, 12:45:04
If you dial 17070 and select option 2, quiet line test, do you hear any crackling?
I can hear a faint sort of tapping-buzz,but idnet said They had run a line test and every thing was ok

Rik

What sort of phone are you using, wired or DECT?
Rik
--------------------

woppy101

Quote from: Rik on Sep 18, 2011, 12:56:42
What sort of phone are you using, wired or DECT?
Wired my mate is bringing me another wired phone to make sure it's not the phone

Rik

If it isn't, ask your voice provider to test the line, but don't mention broadband.
Rik
--------------------

woppy101

Quote from: Rik on Sep 18, 2011, 13:05:08
If it isn't, ask your voice provider to test the line, but don't mention broadband.
Idnet is my voice provider my mate brought a phone down and it sounds even worse(sounds like radio static)

pctech

Then have a chat to support as you have a voice fault.

woppy101

Quote from: pctech on Sep 18, 2011, 14:16:42
Then have a chat to support as you have a voice fault.
Should I say about all the problems Im having with my bb aswel

Lance

You could mention it to IDNet as they don't read from the script. If it were BT providing the retail side of the voice line, and you mentioned broadband problems, they would probably just tell you to contact your ISP.
Lance
_____

Rik

Rik
--------------------

woppy101

I live in two houses knocked in to one,with each passageway having a bt master socket do you think I could see some gain/stability if I asked the engineer to switch the lines over(should I ask)that's why I'm not worried about any interference from next-door because I am next-door

Rik

I doubt switching, unless he switches the pair back to the junction/cabinet, will make much difference, indeed the risk is that it could worsen things.
Rik
--------------------