Advice needed

Started by psp83, May 28, 2007, 15:39:41

Previous topic - Next topic

psp83

Hi all.

Been awhile since i posted in here  ;D

I'm getting a small annoying problem with me service.. My noise margin is always around 8.5-9 and my connection is fine.. but a couple times a day it drops to below 7.. This is when my connection starts to hang, webpages are really slow at loading or anything that uses the connection just stops.

I dont get disconnections.

When this happens i go downstairs and push all the connectors into the filter and phone box just to makesure and i lift the phones handset up and put it back down.. After doing this, my margin is back to normal and so is my connection.

I have disconnected the sky box, thats been disconnected for months.

My setup is.
phone socket > filter > phone/router

I dont have a test socket as its one of the old BT master sockets.

Oh and i've tried different high quality filters and it happens with any filter i use.

Any ideas what would be causing this to happen?

My stats:

Regards,
Paul

Rik

Stats to die for, Paul!  :)

There's no way that a 7db margin should cause you any problems. Have you tried running Routerstats to see if anything else is going on?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

psp83

I'm running routerstats now,

My line stats has been fine since BT promised they would get my line working to its full after the weeks of problems i got after migration.

I've had the phone disconnected since about 2pm and havent had trouble since disconnecting it.
If it stays that way tonight then i guess its the phone causing me the problems.

The phone is like 10years old now so i guess its time to get another one.

Rik

Quote from: psp83 on May 28, 2007, 18:49:06
The phone is like 10years old now so i guess its time to get another one.

That sounds like a plan. :)
Rik
--------------------

Dolph146

just out of interest, have you disconnected your ring wire ( orange in most cases ) it picks up a hella lot of electrical noise and many problems can be remedied removing it. You will also see your stats improve!!

psp83

I did that when i first got broadband many years ago.

My stats are fine as you can see in my pic i attached above.. I just have this little annoying problem which looks like the phone is at fault.

Anyone got a phone they can suggest that works well with Max?? Money is no problem as i have plenty :P

Inactive

Never had a problem with any phone and Max, so I guess any would be fine. I have 4  Aldi Dect Phones and one cheapo Aldi wired phone, all fine.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

psp83

I spose my 10yr + phone wasnt made with broadband in mind.

I'm thinking of getting these : http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5520509.htm

Inactive

Quote from: psp83 on May 29, 2007, 00:12:21
I spose my 10yr + phone wasnt made with broadband in mind.

I'm thinking of getting these : http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5520509.htm

Look OK to me. ;) nice style.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Ring wire disconnected.
Rik
--------------------