advice/reasurance

Started by woppy101, Sep 27, 2011, 13:50:00

Previous topic - Next topic

woppy101

I use the dsl diagnostics page

woppy101

well im now on day 10 and already have had 4 disconects since the power cut yesterday i ave attached my stats page

Rik

The ERR_SIG_INTERRUPT suggests a line fault to me.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

woppy101

That's always the error code apart from the odd user-requst,and that's what I have been saying for the last ten days lol But idnet are not seeing any disconnects even though they are on the stats

woppy101

Since twenty to midnight I have had 5 retrains you can't tell me this is normal considering I'm now on day 10

Rik

I couldn't tell anyone what is normal, everyone has a different experience of training. In my case, the line has always started fast and unstable and reduced to slower but stable over 4-5 days.
Rik
--------------------

woppy101

Quote from: Rik on Oct 02, 2011, 16:27:14
I couldn't tell anyone what is normal, everyone has a different experience of training. In my case, the line has always started fast and unstable and reduced to slower but stable over 4-5 days.
Same for me when I went from bt to sky and then from sky to orange,the first time the line was set after 5days and second time after 7days(on a separate note did any one with sky connect notice that when ever you phoned up to complain the person you complained to always had connect too lol)

woppy101

My stats page for 24 hrs

ATM      Since Reset      Current 24-Hour Interval      Current 15-Minute Interval      Time Since
Last Event
Cell Header Errors:      2317      2317      0      0:33:05
Loss of Cell Delineation:      364      364      0      3:47:42
DSL
Link Retrains:      5      5      0      3:40:30
DSL Training Errors:      0      0      0      0:00:00
Training Timeouts:      0      0      0      0:00:00
Loss of Framing Failures:      5      5      0      3:47:42
Loss of Signal Failures:      5      5      0      3:47:42
Loss of Power Failures:      0      0      0      0:00:00
Loss of Margin Failures:      5      5      0      3:47:42
Cumulative Seconds w/Errors:      158      158      0      0:33:05
Cumulative Sec. w/Severe Errors:      47      47      0      3:47:42
Corrected Blocks:      13542      13542      62      0:00:02
Uncorrectable Blocks:      2413      2413      0      0:33:05
DSL Unavailable Seconds:      157      157      0      3:40:11

woppy101

Seven re-syncs in 24hrs not bad going for the tenth day of the training period
scratch that eight

woppy101

this is an Absolute Disgrace i am really consdering leaving idnet tomorrow morning,EIGHT DROPS in one day on the last day of the training period and to still be told "lines degrade over time and your getting 1.5mb which is what bt says you can get so tough" is not good enough this has been a total farce from the begining!!!

i have been told on another forum that there is an obvious line fault because the Output Power changes after every re-sync when it should be the same all the time my patience has now gone

here is my bt speed test use to be 2.5mb throughput

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1055 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :1792 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1250 Kbps

.Griff.

Quote from: woppy101 on Oct 02, 2011, 20:32:17
i have been told on another forum that there is an obvious line fault because the Output Power changes after every re-sync when it should be the same all the time my patience has now gone

All you've been told "on another forum" (Thinkbroadband) is the same that you've already been told on here.

Quote from: Rik on Oct 02, 2011, 10:59:56
The ERR_SIG_INTERRUPT suggests a line fault to me.

Quote from: Rik on Oct 01, 2011, 15:16:40
Idle_request normally indicates a user initiated resync. It could be the router power supply is iffy.

And most importantly..

Quote from: Simon on Sep 30, 2011, 10:53:28
Regardless of whether there is or isn't a fault, BT won't do anything until after the 10 days.

All I can suggest is you collate as much concise information as possible and present it in a clear and thoughtful email to Idnet tomorrow now your training period is over.

I'd also create a TBBQM - http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/monitors/create.html - and post the results after 24 hours.

woppy101

I'd also create a TBBQM - http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/monitors/create.html - and post the results after 24 hours.
[/quote]

How does that work does it automatically log the results once I have logged into it or do I have to leave my pc active overnight

Woppy

zappaDPJ

Once you have set it up it'll start logging automatically and you only need to have your modem switched on and connected for it to log. You do need to ensure that your modem set up to accept ping requests.
zap
--------------------

woppy101

Does my bit loading look ok

woppy101

also how does this look i cant make head nor tail of it

zappaDPJ

I've not seen one looking like that before. The red spike at around 6.00am shows a brief loss of service, probably a resync and the rest appears to suggest your latency is all over the shop. If you were hammering the Internet all night then it might make some sense, otherwise I'd say you have a problem.
zap
--------------------

woppy101

Quote from: zappaDPJ on Oct 03, 2011, 07:17:00
I've not seen one looking like that before. The red spike at around 6.00am shows a brief loss of service, probably a resync and the rest appears to suggest your latency is all over the shop. If you were hammer the Internet all night then it might make some sense, otherwise I'd say you have a problem.

nope my pc was on but not doing anything it rarely gets switched off these days, so you think i possibley have a problem

woppy101

first re-sync of the day,on day 11 of the training period

Gary

Quote from: woppy101 on Oct 03, 2011, 07:56:55
nope my pc was on but not doing anything it rarely gets switched off these days, so you think i possibley have a problem
If its not doing anything why leave it on? Do you use any p2p clients? Have you done a major sweep of your pc for nasties? Best to count out everything at your end, cabling, position or wiring, type or wiring etc. Day 11 hey...sarcasm will not get you good service anywhere, just saying.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

.Griff.

That TBBQM looks like very heavy p2p usage to me.

If you're not knowingly doing it then do as Gary suggests above. Un addition do you have wireless enabled? Can you be sure no one else is using your connection?

zappaDPJ

Quote from: woppy101 on Oct 03, 2011, 07:56:55

Well the graph doesn't look very healthy as far as your latency is concerned. Try running a ping command from a DOS window i.e. ping idnet.net -n 100

If there's no other throughput occurring on your connection that should return a fairly steady result. What looks slightly odd to me, for a graph showing so much variation in latency, there is no packet loss showing. I'm no expert but something doesn't seem quite right to me.

[EDIT] As both Gary and Griff have said it, I have to agree, the graph really does suggest that your connection is being continually hammered so I would check everything they have suggested.
zap
--------------------

woppy101

Quote from: Gary on Oct 03, 2011, 08:29:15
If its not doing anything why leave it on? Do you use any p2p clients? Have you done a major sweep of your pc for nasties? Best to count out everything at your end, cabling, position or wiring, type or wiring etc. Day 11 hey...sarcasm will not get you good service anywhere, just saying.
i have not had good service, i have just phoned up idnet and they have said my line hasnt droped at all they are showing a stable line yet my dsl history shows 9 resyncs since sunday,so i can have an engineer at my own cost.£35 per month and a service far worse than orange and sky

woppy101

Quote from: .Griff. on Oct 03, 2011, 08:35:48
That TBBQM looks like very heavy p2p usage to me.

If you're not knowingly doing it then do as Gary suggests above. Un addition do you have wireless enabled? Can you be sure no one else is using your connection?
there is no p2p going on on my end, i have now changed my wireless password just incase some one was using it(i do online game but deffo wasnt doing that at 6am lol)

lozcart

I'm not sure if this is relevant but on the details from the router for the last few days all your resyncs have been during the day, none have happened overnight. Is there something that gets turned on/off during the day which may be causing a problem? You mentioned a noisy socket in the past, did you get this fixed?

Simon_idnet

Hi Woppy

Something is using your bandwidth and has been overnight. Significantly, your upstream bandwidth usage is higher than your downstream. This would indicate P2P or a virus that is sending out spam etc.

We can see that your router has been continuously connected since 18:09 on Saturday 1st. That your router is reporting otherwise is a cause for concern. I would recommend that you try a different (new) router.

Regards
Simon