Latest from BT

Started by sobranie, Sep 13, 2011, 19:02:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

I wouldn't argue with you on the subject of BT techs. :)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Polchraine

Quote from: Rik on Sep 14, 2011, 18:53:14
I wouldn't argue with you on the subject of BT techs. :)

I know some good ones, some very good ones (including quite a few around Helston!- but not BB trained or involved in lines) along with some bad, very bad and awful ones!

I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets.

Niall

They weren't avoiding questions. He actually told me that when I asked if he knew anything about a date for FTTC around Wrexham. It seems that the engineers weren't even aware of this latest update as the last they knew of it, Wrexham weren't having FTTC for at least 3 years. He said the thing about Chester as he was surprised Wrexham would get it any time soon due to the issues Chester ARE having.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

sobranie

Quote from: Glenn on Sep 14, 2011, 17:15:02
There is a cabinet at the bottom of Station Rd, Rick

Doesn't really look like a fttc cabinet does it! Around 1940 I'd guess!  :dunno:
Suppose to be going fttc in December, don't really think so at my end of Helston somehow. Watch and wait over the next 3 months I guess.

sobranie

Quote from: Polchraine on Sep 14, 2011, 17:43:53
What is it like these days?   Not been down for a couple of years.     I would stay, if I could, at the Nansloe Manor but if that was unavailable downgrade to the Gwealdues which I hear has closed down.

I'd recommend Strathallan Guest House at the bottom end of Coinagehall Street, 4 stars too.

kinmel

Rumour has it that BT Wales will announce today that FTTC will be available before Easter to another 25,000 premises including the north Wales coast between Prestatyn and Llandudno.

Nothing published yet, but here is hoping  :fingers:
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Niall

Hopefully that'll cover Wrexham too.

With regards to my comment of Chester issues, I've been googling around in the last week whilst mulling an ISP switch, and I haven't actually found any reports of problems in Chester. Maybe I'm using the wrong combination of search terms but the only thing I kept finding was people asking about it's availability in that area. I suppose it's possible that they are issues the engineers know about but report back "no fault on the line" because it isn't running at 28.8k speeds ;)
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

kinmel

Only BT  -  Prestatyn and Abergele are part of the Rhyl 01745 dialling group, they are both getting FTTC in the Spring, while their parent exchange, Rhyl, is not !  Even the very small Tywyn exchange is getting FTTC

The largest exchange in the area gets left out again  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/Showarticle.cfm?ArticleID=E147C2A8-8BD9-4679-9C93-1FF0B047144C
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?