PC Pro Awards 2011

Started by Tacitus, Oct 01, 2011, 17:55:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacitus

Zen have just scooped the 'Best ISP" award in PC Pro's Excellence Awards, with Be as runners up.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/html/awards-2011/index.php?pageId=11

Interestingly, out of the 15 ISPs listed in the table, TalkTalk, Pipex, Tiscali and Orange also feature, much to my amazement. 

The obvious question, 'where's iDNet'?

pctech

Could it be that IDNet are still considered a small ISP on the basis of customer base whereas Zen are a medium size one?

Or maybe noone nominated IDNet by writing to PCPro?

Simon

IDNet probably don't pay PC Pro to be included.  You'll notice, TalkTalk, Pipex, Tiscali and Orange are always in these listings... :whistle:
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

pctech

Could also be the case.

Rik

IDNet don't advertise enough to interest PC Pro.
Rik
--------------------

Tacitus

Quote from: Rik on Oct 01, 2011, 18:07:52
IDNet don't advertise enough to interest PC Pro.

Can't say I've noticed any adverts for Zen in PC Pro, but maybe I don't read it enough....  You're probably right, it's all to do with size.

Ironically over on TB, there's a long thread saying how Zen service has gone down the pan.  Can't please 'em all.   ;D

Steve

IMO it only takes one disgruntled customer to start an apparent avalanche, I find it very difficult to decide where the actual truth lies.
Steve
------------

pctech

IME Zen have been terrific but there will always be those that want the moon on a stick.

Rik

Would you like orange or strawberry, sir?
Rik
--------------------

JohnH

Quote from: Tacitus on Oct 01, 2011, 17:55:02

Interestingly, out of the 15 ISPs listed in the table, TalkTalk, Pipex, Tiscali and Orange also feature, much to my amazement. 

That's why awards like this are not much of a decent guide, when choosing an ISP.