LLU service now available from IDNet - Discuss here

Started by Glenn, Oct 07, 2011, 18:43:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Simon has just announced that IDNet will be providing a LLU option via Telefonica see here for details.
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

As someone who has been on the trial, I can report that my line, which gave a 1-75-2M profile on BT's ADSL Max service, is now running at 2883 sync, with a 2.5-2.6Mb throughout. Stability is fine with a target NM of 6db rather than BT's 9db.
Rik
--------------------

cavillas

Can I get BE on my exchange at Frinton on sea.  ;D  I don't suppose so :'(  Just checked and I can't :'( :'(
------
Alf :)

.Griff.

Quote from: .Griff. on Oct 20, 2010, 22:38:57
Firstly let me say a big thank you for making the preceding statement and keeping all your customers informed.

Regarding the following -

QuoteHowever, it's clear now that we can't rely on BT alone - the risk to our business is too great. Therefore we are in the process of opening discussions with additional suppliers and we will keep you posted on how these discussions progress.

I'm extremely happy to see that you're looking into other suppliers. Granted nothing may come of it but it shows you have customers interests at heart and I can only encourage you to pursue this with complete support from me as a customer who's been an LLU user for the past 6 years before joining IDNet and experiencing the lack of end user care BT Wholesale seems to demonstrate on a daily basis.

You obviously know a lot more of the industry than me but I'd encourage you to speak with Be Unlimited who resell their network, AAISP being one example, and anyone who's been a Be customer, directly or indirectly, will vouch for their network.

;) ;) ;)  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

FYI Be/O2 use Broadcom DSLAM's so if you're wondering what router to use take that into consideration.

Tacitus

I think this should be a good business move for iDNet and hopefully will gain them more subscribers.   Sadly I can't get O2/Be on my exchange so it won't affect me.

Interesting they are keeping the prices/allowances the same for both BT and O2/Be, whereas A&A charge a premium. 

Lance

Lance
_____

esh

Maybe this is a stupid question, but do we get notified if the line in question is to be transferred to Telefonica?
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

Technical Ben

Whoooooohoooooooo yey!!! Woahh!!! Yehaaaaaaaaahh!! Yippppdiiidoooo! wowowowowowowow!

(my apologise, no time for a proper reply. But still.... YEY!!!!!)

[edit]
Oh, o2/BE/Telifonica. While probably the best equipment, service and company, it's the one not installed at my exchange!  :'(
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

esh

I have Be/O2 available at this exchange. I have zero experience with their networks, though what I have heard is generally positive. I still think this can only be a good move for IDNet.

Another question, what sort of downtime can what expect from a transition between networks? I assume your login does not change, just that IDNet moves you to a different hostlink or whatever.
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

Steve

There will have to be some work at your local exchange i.e. a lift and shift. I assume the IDNet login will be the same as they have linked into the Be/02 network. Whether one can choose to opt out as opposed to opt in I'm not sure.
Steve
------------

Rik

Quote from: esh on Oct 08, 2011, 10:07:21
Another question, what sort of downtime can what expect from a transition between networks? I assume your login does not change, just that IDNet moves you to a different hostlink or whatever.

A few minutes in my case, certainly less than 30.

The current BT logins are mirrored on the new connections, so it's totally transparent.
Rik
--------------------

esh

29 minutes for BT to unplug a cable, 1 minute for Telefonica to put it in their end. Right.

Well, my line isn't that bad (though it has been steadily degrading for some time now...), but I guess I'm willing to try it if IDNet want  ;) It would just be nice to know with a bit of prior warning if/when you are being switched over.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

esh

Sorry, another question. Does the IP address change?

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Simon_idnet

Hi esh, if you would like to move across to the Telefonica platform just drop us a mail - support at idnet . com

pctech

I'm sorely tempted to give it a whirl as BE quote 12 Meg on the line.

IF I do get a Mac from my current provider and place an order can I drop a mail and ask to get straight onto Telefonica's kit?

Rik

Rik
--------------------

pctech

I may give it a whirl in a few months if its just a one month contract, nothing ventured and all that.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

pctech

esh

The Be website quote me 9Mbit on this line, which I find highly peculiar since it is ADSL1!

Thanks Simon, I'll give it a good think over, as now would be a good time to do it if ever, as I am around to poke at things should they break.

Technical Ben

ASDL1 might be for BT, where as if O2/BE have their own equipment, they already install ASDL2+ as default. Hence the upgrade. :D
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Steve

I guess that's the current state of many exchanges i.e. mine adsl2 is available with TalkTalk and Sky.  I wonder about bandwidth allowances, as an IDNet customer on BT adsl2+ switching to Telefonica, will if allowances remain the same have an increased allowance over an IDNet  BT adslmax to Telfonica switch.
Steve
------------

Lance

Unfortunately I don't have Be/O2 on my exchange, but I am due for fibre by this time year.
Lance
_____