M&S women's underwear

Started by zappaDPJ, Oct 14, 2011, 19:36:49

Previous topic - Next topic

zappaDPJ

Now I've got your attention I'm wondering if anyone else is being bombarded by embedded ads for 'Your M&S women's underwear'?

There's a serious point to that rather frivolous question. I tend to mentally filter out all forms advertising, I simply don't see it. I don't run an ad-blocker for that reason. Today I did a Google search for leather sandals (man) and I'm now being served up embedded ads for leather sandals everywhere I go along with the Your M&S ads.

What I'm particularly interested to find out is whether or not the Your M&S ads are part of a general campaign or if I'm being specifically targeted.
zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

Can't say I've noticed any.  Perhaps there's a problem with your bRAS profile?  :)x
Simon.
--

pctech

Think Google now check IP addresses on sites with embedded Adsense banners to serve up ads you are likely to click on.

If they do not have enough of a profile it will fall back to analysing the site content.

zappaDPJ

Quote from: Simon on Oct 14, 2011, 20:08:26
Can't say I've noticed any.  Perhaps there's a problem with your bRAS profile?  :)x

:lol:

Quote from: pctech on Oct 14, 2011, 20:24:22
Think Google now check IP addresses on sites with embedded Adsense banners to serve up ads you are likely to click on.

If they do not have enough of a profile it will fall back to analysing the site content.

That's what I suspect and it's what I am most interested in. It appears the ads are being served to my IP. Thanks for the feedback :)
zap
--------------------

Polchraine

Quote from: zappaDPJ on Oct 14, 2011, 20:35:38
:lol:

That's what I suspect and it's what I am most interested in. It appears the ads are being served to my IP. Thanks for the feedback :)

Install Ghostery ... it kills most of the trackers or at least the ones you tell it to.

I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets.

Steve

Sorry Zap I did give them your email address. :evil:
Steve
------------

zappaDPJ

I'm more Victoria's Secret than M&S tbh ;D

Quote from: Polchraine on Oct 14, 2011, 22:07:55
Install Ghostery ... it kills most of the trackers or at least the ones you tell it to.

Thanks but I'm more interested in using it to a client's advantage than blocking it.
zap
--------------------

Niall

When you shop for sandals you're asking for trouble ;D
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

zappaDPJ

You are if you've got feet are the size of mine :laugh:
zap
--------------------

Technical Ben

Targeted adds. I can't search for any product on any site (Argos, Ebay etc) without being inundated by such adds seconds later on OTHER sites. So they know what you know. I use add blocker though, so after a click they are gone forever.
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Niall

The only adverts I see are the annoying, overly eager to pop up giant adverts from the messenger window on the main program window. In each chat window they can be closed, but they didn't add this feature on the main window :(

One thing I always find odd is people moaning on youtube about all the adverts. To this day I'm yet to see an advert on there, unless it's one of the sponsor ones that are on before a heavily advertised video like a game trailer, etc.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy