A little help receiving e-mail please.

Started by Archie, Jun 02, 2007, 15:07:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie

Hello everyone,

I'm new to IDDet and so far have been very impressed with the service. One minor (I hope) problem I have at the moment is that I can't seem to receive e-mails from my new IDNet email account. I can access them via the web but Outlook Express keeps throwing up a logon box asking for ID and password, but won't get any further.

I can send and receive on another account with no problem and I can send with IDNet, it's just receiving  IDNet that appears to be the problem.

If anyone can throw any light on that I'd be grateful.

EDIT: I've deleted the image as it appeared to show Archie's email address.

Tanzanite

Hi Archie and Welcome.

I assume you've copied and pasted the settings from the customer account email page?

You could try deleting the account from outlook express and redoing it, also try resetting the password through the customer account email page on idnet.

Or it could just be a temporary glitch. I've had this happen before and it sorted itself out.

I'm sure other members may have other suggestions.

Archie

Thanks Tanzanite,

The one thing I've not done is try to change the password. I'll give it a go now.

Rik

Hi Archie

Welcome to the forum. I've just deleted your image file as it appeared to show your email address.

The username for the account is the full idnet.com email address, eg user@idnet.com. Could it be you were only using the part in front of the @?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Archie

Ah yes,

In the bar at the top; and there's me patting myself on the back for having deleted it from the box! :-[

Thanks Rik. But no, I did have it filled in correctly, the title was just the way I'd completed the 'Mail Account' box in Outook Express.

If I can get on to the e-mail page at IDNet I'll try changing that as suggested by Tanzanite.

Rik

Have you got the POP server details right, Archie? Basically, if you have the username entered correctly, it leaves the possibility of a password error or the POP server name, it should be pop3.idnet.com.

If all three are correct, what error message do you get?
Rik
--------------------

Archie

Hang on a mo!

THANK YOU RIK! You've got it. I was putting in my user name rather than my e-mail address! Doh! What a clown I am.

Many thanks Rik, that's tremendous.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Welcome to the Forum Archie.

That is the sort of thing I do as well, you are not alone, glad you are sorted.

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

cavillas

Quote from: Inactive on Jun 02, 2007, 17:12:57
Welcome to the Forum Archie.

What is a Forum Archie? ::)  Anything like the Olde Arcie search from long ago? ;D

:banana2: :banana2: :out:
------
Alf :)

Inactive

Quote from: cavillas on Jun 02, 2007, 19:53:17
  Anything like the Olde Arcie search from long ago? ;D

Gertcha.. You are even older than I am..  ;D
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Adam

I would highly recommend anyone using POP3 should switch to using IMAP where possible; it has MANY improvements over POP3. The webmail.idnet.com client also uses IMAP to communicate with the mail server.
Adam