Unlocked OR VDSL2 Modem Sharing - Please read!

Started by .Griff., Nov 15, 2011, 12:29:37

Previous topic - Next topic

.Griff.

In it's standard guise the Openreach/Huawei VDSL2 modem does not display any line stats whatsoever. As a result it's all but impossible to gain any information about your line other than the IP Profile via BT's speedtester website. The intention of this section of the forum is to discuss VDSL2 line statistics through the sharing of my spare unlocked modem. I will NOT discuss how to unlock your own modems out of respect for the wishes of Idnetters staff so please don't ask.

While I am more than happy to lend this to trusted members of the forum please do not attempt to modify the firmware and/or modem in any way, lend it to anyone else without permission of myself or attempt to sell the modem. In addition when returning the modem please send it via either Royal Mail Recorded Delivery or another postal service with a tracking facility. I will also send the modem via RMRD. This is to minimise the chances of the modem getting lost.

Finally please be aware that there is only one modem and multiple people that want to borrow it from me. By all means take your time to obtain your line stats but please be respectful and return the modem as soon as possible.