Ethernet Convertor

Started by Steve, Jan 01, 2012, 08:15:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

I been trying to solve a problem with my new Panasonic TV and BD player as both devices are network enabled but my usual method of powerplug mains networking  for some reason is always very unreliable on the adjacent mains socket. The Panasonic USB Dongle was one option but it's about £64 (x2 required). I found this device mentioned which has 4 ethernet ports and converts to a wifi connection and it retails for slightly less than the afore mentioned dongle,setup was easy without the supplied CD disc - just plug into laptop with a static IP address , access the device menu- choose an available WiFi network- I selected  my 5Ghz N network suppled the WPA2 password and then selected the 'ethernet convertor' button.  Placed it behind the TV plugged in both devices and hey presto it worked.

Throughput  seems excellent it will take the full download from my FTTC. I've not tried the PS3 yet but see no reason for that not to work either.

http://www.buffalotech.com/products/wireless/client-adapters/airstation-n300-dual-band-wireless-ethernet-converter-wli-tx4-ag300n/

It's well reviewed on Amazon
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

Mine is connected via a long cable, but may look at that.  :)
Simon.
--

Lance

Looks an interesting solution. I've just brought a TP-Link wireless access point to hook up a networkable laser printer I've just received from an office clear out (Xerox Phaser 8600 which uses solid inks which are a bit different) and was going to get a second one for a relatives TV and blu-ray but might look at this instead.
Lance
_____