BB connection but no phone connection

Started by Lona, Dec 12, 2011, 10:29:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Ardua

Quote from: Lona on Dec 15, 2011, 22:38:36
All I can add to that is that the OOH support are not doing Idnet's reputation any favours.

I wholeheartedly agree. Technical support or customer service is the much-heralded selling point of many small/niche ISPs. I well understand that small companies cannot bear the cost of support models offered by BT, Sky and TalkTalk. That said, let me give you an instance of good support from a small company. A couple of months ago, my MacBook Pro gave up the ghost. Whilst out shopping with my good lady, I noticed that a small computer store had a sign in its window saying that it was an Accredited Apple Support Partner so I popped in for a chat. A very helpful young lady checked the details of my MacBook and told me that the fault was most likely a failed NVidia card. Apple had a replacement programme in place and would have paid for the repair if my computer was less than 4 years old. Sadly, mine wasn't. Rather than say 'tough' she gave me a number to ring at AppleCare and suggested the arguments that I should use to get a repair exemption. The bottom-line is that Apple sent out a new card; the company got £50 for fitting it; I have a serviceable MacBook and I am not a £1000 poorer. Will I use this company again when I next replace an Apple product - you betcha.

pctech

Are you now back up and running Lona?

Lona

Quote from: pctech on Dec 23, 2011, 19:02:47
Are you now back up and running Lona?

Yes Mitch, thanks for asking, I've had no further problems but can't see any difference is speed. My speed was always around 7mb and still is so I guess my exchange can't make it any faster but it's OK.  I would rather have reliability to speed anyhow.

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb: