Is upgrade to adsl2+ working?

Started by zipp37, Jan 07, 2012, 15:05:45

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterW

psp83

Quote from: Rik on Jan 09, 2012, 18:14:07
Or BT screwed up. ;)

That's every day work to BT.

I would love to know how many mistakes that company makes in a week.

MisterW

psp83

Quote from: zipp37 on Jan 09, 2012, 11:03:02
Just had a call from a nice chap at idnet! Apparentley it was set to adsl and now he has changed this and I should see improvement overnight.
Thanks all once again.

You may not have a connection in the morning  :laugh:

psp83

Quote from: MisterW on Jan 09, 2012, 18:39:28
So would BT ;D

The salary of each worker is based on screw ups, the more you make the better pay :P

MisterW

@zipp37, Any news ?
or do we take it from the silence that BT messed up again and psp83 was right :laugh:

Lona

Quote from: Rik on Jan 09, 2012, 18:14:07
Or BT screwed up. ;)

You can say that again, Rik. Look at the cockup BT made of my upgrade.  I can't say I see a difference. Speeds are just the same as adsl.

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

zipp37

Quote from: MisterW on Jan 10, 2012, 18:30:19
@zipp37, Any news ?
or do we take it from the silence that BT messed up again and psp83 was right :laugh:

Supposed to be reconfiguring it today but its getting late now, I'm not hopeful.

Gary

Quote from: Lona on Jan 10, 2012, 19:11:11
You can say that again, Rik. Look at the cockup BT made of my upgrade.  I can't say I see a difference. Speeds are just the same as adsl.
That all depends on the quality of your line, Lona. I went from a  adsl max 8128 to a adsl2+ 14215 sync with similar specs to Zipp37 and that has held, I'm not far from the green box though and my adsl line even though it was not interleaved had a lot of headroom snr wise.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

zipp37

Latest news is that apparently there is a problem at my exchange and if they switch me to Adsl+2 atm I'd lose speeds rather than gain. They need to change a card or something after that i can be reconfigured. No eta on that though..

Rik

I gather that BT hope to replace the faulty card in a day or two.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

MisterW

Sounds a bit like b******t to me. I'd be surprised if they knew the card wouldn't handle adsl2+ properly until they actually tried changing the line over. Unless of course they have already tried changing other lines on the same card and discovered a problem. Didn't think that BT had that good a system to detect common problems though :)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

psp83

After today's issue with my line upgrade to FTTC, BT probly can't find the exchange  :laugh:

Rik

Rik
--------------------

zipp37

Almost a week since i should have been switched. No clue when it's likely to occur! Definetely growing a  dislike for BT...

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Lona

Quote from: Gary on Jan 11, 2012, 08:34:24
That all depends on the quality of your line, Lona. I went from a  adsl max 8128 to a adsl2+ 14215 sync with similar specs to Zipp37 and that has held, I'm not far from the green box though and my adsl line even though it was not interleaved had a lot of headroom snr wise.

I don't know what a green box is let alone know where it is. ;D

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

zipp37

Latest news is that there are still problems at my exchange which will be reviewed again on monday. I have no idea what this means does anyone else? ???

Technical Ben

Sounds like there is equipment problems at the exchange. Good news is, it's being looked into. But it may take some time to get an engineer to the site and parts ordered.
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

MisterW

QuoteLatest news is that there are still problems at my exchange which will be reviewed again on monday. I have no idea what this means does anyone else?
<cynicmode>BT are stalling, hoping it will all go away!</cynicmode>

zipp37

Quote from: Rik on Jan 11, 2012, 10:37:47
I gather that BT hope to replace the faulty card in a day or two.

6 days later and still waiting... Guess they don't believe in keeping customers informed at BT :mad:

zipp37

Apparently there is no capacity at the exchange for me to be switched to adsl2+.  So either people need to cancel or enough need to apply for the exchange to be upgraded!

MisterW

Again...
QuoteSounds a bit like b******t to me.
I thought we'd established that you'd already been transferred to 21CN. ???
QuoteIP Profile for your line is - 7114 Kbps
That is a 88.2% IP Profile, ONLY used on 21CN.
AFAIK there is no reason why exchange capacity should be involved in changing a 21CN line from ADSL1 to ADSL2+.
Anyone else know differently ?

zipp37

Makes me wonder if I'd have all this trouble if my isp was BT itself?