Internet Pages Not loading. But can get on idnet and idnetters?

Started by Scottyboy, Jan 22, 2008, 22:05:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottyboy

Hello! Been a while. But this evening I have come home to a problem.

Load up pc. Fire up Internet explorer. Pages not found. MSN, BBC, and www.ziiip.co.uk my gaming homepage.

ive tried some other random sites some work some dont.

So Im thinking this is dns majiggy related??

Now I do remember some opendns diagnostic that could be used but need some direction? Please.  Where about do I enter them on my router control panel?

Scottyboy

ok. All of a sudden after about 20 minutes of trying they work! typical.

ho hum.

thanks for reading and sorry for stealing 20 seconds of your life.

Lance

Wow - that was a nice and easy one to sort!

One thing you can try in the future is firing up CMD and typing: ipconfig /flushdns which should clear the computers DNS entries.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Sebby

I haven't had any problems tonight, so I'm not sure why you did. Still, I'm glad it's sorted. If it happens again, be sure to let us know and we'll help you find the cause! :)

Rik

For the record, the OpenDNS servers are 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220.
Rik
--------------------

Scottyboy

Holy thread resurrection bataman!

Who would have thought almost 4 years later and I have the same exact problem again!!

I cannot access a few websites I frequent. www.ziip.co.uk again which is still my gaming homepage as much as idnet still my isp :-)

I can access google and do random searches that take me to any website that seems to load. I did try using google to access ZiiP but that also failed. And I can access it on my iphone over 3g. So I know the site aint down.

Tried flushdns. Any ideas?

Also, last 3 mornings on the trot I have had my internet down.  Although the internet light was on the router. I did get some BT Wholesale page on the first morning saying something about cannot connect. Could this be my exchange? Tranent Exchange in Scotland.  I have not had the BT message the next 2 mornings though. Only thing I have noticed is my noise margin drop to 0 on the downstream. But nothing is really on in the house that I see could interfere. Certainly nothing that is not on at evening as well as morning. Any ideas?

Steve

With regard www.ziip.co.uk I think you need to speak to support, I can't access it either but my checks indicate the site is up. The other issue could well be BT messing about as one looks like a loss of PPP ( the BT wholesale page) and the other a loss of sync when the margin drops. :dunno:

No harm in trying to rule out any local issues i.e. failing filters, router swap if you've got a spare etc  as a cause for the margin dropping
Steve
------------

Ray

Ray
--------------------

zappaDPJ

Yeah, I can also access www.ziip.co.uk. Perhaps the site was down for a while?
zap
--------------------

Steve

Steve
------------

Scottyboy

yeah could be some issues at their end. Just thought it was strange that I could access it via my phone but not at all on web. Tried support they could get on but it was slow. So I think its at their end.