Mail Server Issues

Started by MarlyM, Jan 20, 2012, 06:33:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Quote from: Simon on Jan 23, 2012, 11:44:00
I've just been speaking to Brian about the status of the recovery.  Simon is still working on restoring the 'missing' 24 hours, but everything else should now be working correctly.  Logins should not have been affected by the server malfunction, but the certificates are still being dealt with.  Brian suggest accepting the offered certificate. 

6jb, Brian has tested all of your mailboxes and can't find any login issues via webmail.  He suggests that you kindly check your email client settings, and get back to them if the problems persist. 
I'll accept the correct certificate as a permanent fix. I'm fed up of pressing accept every time I launch my mail client... I wont install the self signed one, its caused a few issues.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

JB

Quote from: Simon on Jan 23, 2012, 11:44:00
6jb, Brian has tested all of your mailboxes and can't find any login issues via webmail.  He suggests that you kindly check your email client settings, and get back to them if the problems persist. 
Thanks Simon.

The issue is not whether I can access the webmail, which I can perfectly, it is simply that email being sent (by me) to that address is not showing up either in webmail or being retrieved using pop3 from my mail client, which is working perfectly with other IDNet addresses.

I try and give them a ring.

JB

'Keyboard not detected ~ Press F1 to continue'

Simon

Quote from: 6jb on Jan 23, 2012, 13:34:26
Thanks Simon.

The issue is not whether I can access the webmail, which I can perfectly, it is simply that email being sent (by me) to that address is not showing up either in webmail or being retrieved using pop3 from my mail client, which is working perfectly with other IDNet addresses.

I try and give them a ring.

I think that would be best.  :)
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

cn1001

I'm now getting 'connection has timed out' when trying to connect to http://webmail.idnet.com/  >:(

Lance

There is a minor issue with the webmail which support are currently fixing. It should be sorted in a few minutes. Thanks.
Lance
_____

Simon

There was a webmail connection issue just a bit earlier, but it should now have been fixed.  We have been advised that it may take a little while for the fix to take effect, so suggest you try again a bit later. 
Simon.
--

JB

Quote from: Simon on Jan 23, 2012, 13:43:16
There was a webmail connection issue just a bit earlier, but it should now have been fixed.  We have been advised that it may take a little while for the fix to take effect, so suggest you try again a bit later. 

I have just come off the phone to Brian. As of 1344 his Webmail access was down. He said he will take a look at the problem when he can get access back.

I'm finding it hard to convey to IDNet exactly what the problem is!  Maybe it's just me.
JB

'Keyboard not detected ~ Press F1 to continue'

Simon

Webmail is down for me now too.
Simon.
--

Gary

My emails are being sent now, but are not arriving at other idnet.com addresses, even from my own domain mail and I', trying to send images of damaged goods to my wheelchair manufacturer.  :(

Simon

Did you have a crash too?
Simon.
--

esh

I'm getting a lot of certificate warnings, but I guess this is just from all the server fiddling.
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

Bill

I'm getting the Apache test page when I try to access webmail :dunno:
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

netn00b

trying to set up mail on a netbook.

using outlook express.

is account name my e-mail addresss ?

esh

Yes just use your email address as username (complete with @idnet.com), and the password as you typed in on the customer portal control panel.
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

netn00b

thanks esh.

guess i cant remember the password /sigh

Gary

Quote from: Simon on Jan 23, 2012, 15:11:08
Did you have a crash too?
My idnet.com addresses are working now, but my hosted domain mail which IDNet also host are not arriving  :-\ One of those days, not happy but hey.

cn1001

Webmail is working again. Still missing e-mails from 10 - 20 January tho. I have used the 'contact form' on the contact us page and given them my gmail account to email me back on.

Lets hope they can restore my missing e-mails, if not then I will have to consider moving to a cheaper, more reliable ISP.

Lance

The only missing emails are those from the 23 hours before the server went down.

Could you have accidentally deleted them?
Lance
_____

cn1001

No because then they would be in my deleted items folder (which I have not cleared out for months). Managed to get my £50 Blinkbox code emailed to me again now anyway :)

pctech

If you are really that reliant on your mail maybe its time to consider a paid e-mail solution?

cavillas

------
Alf :)

krysia

Just to say that we're missing mail sent to and from our accounts between 14 and 20 January as well.  Does Support know there are still such problems?  (We have IMAP accounts that leave mail on the server - although we also download our messages into our inboxes, as soon as we connect to the internet the accounts synchonise, so the downloaded messages disappear from OE.)

Simon

To avoid that happening, it's an idea to have messages downloaded using POP3, then they will be removed from the server, and stored on your own machine in OE.  From what we can gather, the only mail that should still be missing is that of the 23 hours prior to the server failure, which was approx 4am Friday. 
Simon.
--

Dakota2

Hi everyone, I'm not convinced the mail system is working properly. Test messages sent this afternoon haven't shown up as yet.
regards

Dakota

krysia

Quote from: Simon on Jan 23, 2012, 17:24:34
To avoid that happening, it's an idea to have messages downloaded using POP3, then they will be removed from the server, and stored on your own machine in OE.   

POP3 is fine if you access e-mail from only one machine, but I need to do so from home and work and when visiting family who live in the US.