Mail Server Issues

Started by MarlyM, Jan 20, 2012, 06:33:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Den

I musy admit this is starting to get abit stupid now. I have always been happy with Idnet but I am starting to think again.
Mr Music Man.

Gary

Same here, no email and idnet site will not load, oddly when this happened yesterday trying to get to the idnet site caused my internet to grind to a halt almost, had a ton of DOS messages (yes its a netgear) but I never get them normally, no idea what was going on there. That lasted for about 3 minutes. I must admit to being a little tired of glitches right now.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

joe

Same here. Cannot get mail and cannot get www.idnet.net either.
Perhaps BT will not be so bad after all.

Steve

It's disappointing, the website has been down since early yesterday evening. We have  heard nothing on the user forum either. I assume the rss feed may also not be functioning as it's not changed to reflect the website and mail server problems.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

Quote from: Steve on Feb 21, 2012, 08:08:26
It's disappointing, the website has been down since early yesterday evening. We have  heard nothing on the user forum either.
It came back for a while last night, Steve. Then vanished again, no idea what's causing the issue. Some communication from IDNet would be useful. My rss feed seems to have stopped on the 19th for some reason.

JB

This seems to be a really bad patch for IDNet. Main web page down for me also.

FWIW my email collection seems to be working OK using SSL on port 995.
JB

'Keyboard not detected ~ Press F1 to continue'

Gary

Email working again here now. SSL Port 995.

Lance

Lance
_____

Gary

Main page is back up again, it would be good to find out what's been happening though.

Ardua

Mail is back up here as well but I cannot log in to check 'my account'.

Correction:  I have been able to Log In; however, the IDNet SuperHighway seems to be littered with massive potholes. The page timed out before I got to the usage checker page.

Gary

Quote from: Ardua on Feb 21, 2012, 09:03:32
Mail is back up here as well but I cannot log in to check 'my account'.

Correction:  I have been able to Log In; however, the IDNet SuperHighway seems to be littered with massive potholes. The page timed out before I got to the usage checker page.
All seems ok here, for now.  ::)

Ardua

Got to the usage page eventually. Sadly, it has not been updated for the 20th. Not a big issue but it would be nice to know what is going on in IDNet Towers.

Gary

Quote from: Ardua on Feb 21, 2012, 09:30:16
Got to the usage page eventually. Sadly, it has not been updated for the 20th. Not a big issue but it would be nice to know what is going on in IDNet Towers.
Same here, everything is listed as the 19th still.

Simon

I've asked IDNet for an update.
Simon.
--

Gary

Quote from: Simon on Feb 21, 2012, 09:40:49
I've asked IDNet for an update.
Wrong coloured cables I bet  ;)

Simon

There has been some trouble with a database server this morning which has prevented successful authentications. They think they've got it sorted now.
Simon.
--

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Gary

Over the last two weeks I have had the occasional blip with websites not loading, and once the router lost connection reconnected and gained a really odd gateway address (tried another router, same issue)  :dunno:  Could be work here at the exchange, but changing DNS servers helped with the browsing issues. Last night when the idnet main page went down, browsing slowed badly for a few minutes as well, pages just would not load. :(

mervl

No problems noticed with website loading, and the desktop sidebar widget (which I got via this forum) to connect to IDNet's usage database (which I use on my vista laptop) still updates in real time even when the web interface usage stats occasionally do not update.

Simon

I had a few instances of blank forum pages earlier, but it's been fine for the last hour or so. 
Simon.
--

jeffb

Here's a success story to cheer up the support guys. I have been struggling with slow email with frequent timeouts, especially with emails over about 20k in size, ever since the Great Mail Server Crash that started this thread. I finally found time to call IDNet Tech Support today: they gave me a new IP address and told me to reset my router, and within seconds my IMAP email access was back to full speed. If only I had called earlier.  :slap: Thanks Brian!  :thumb:

P.S. The spell-checker built into this forum doesn't recognise the word 'IDNet'. Sort it out!

Steve

Thanks Jeff for the spellcheck comment, we've added 'idnet' to the list of known words although we can't differentiate between upper and lower case.
Steve
------------