BT

Started by talos, Feb 06, 2012, 13:51:59

Previous topic - Next topic

talos

My neibour has been trying to get an internet connection for 3 weeks,  I applied online for her and all seemed to go well, activation date Sun 30th , that came and went without any connection, I have been trying on her behalf to talk to Bt to get it sorted, after 4or 5 talks with cust service I have got nowhere, just false promises of next day connection, is there any way I can get to talk to someone other than these script monkeys and find out what is really going on? :rant2:

sobranie

Go here

http://www.btcomplaint.co.uk/

Push the prob Ian Livingstone' way if you can

Simon

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Ray

Ray
--------------------

talos

Quote from: Simon on Feb 06, 2012, 14:09:42
Or tell her to go here:

http://www.idnet.net/

;)

Cant line needs to be activated Bt is the cheapest, too late now anyway

pctech

tell her to come back in 12 months, I'm bringing my BT line back to IDNet in August.

Niall

To be honest, if it was me I'd tell them to shove it. If they can't be bothered to even get the main part of the internet connection sorted, I'd go via another provider that has customer support that actually does something.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

pctech

Only two providers worth bothering with in my opinion

IDNet and Zen Internet

sobranie

Quote from: pctech on Feb 06, 2012, 19:50:11
Only two providers worth bothering with in my opinion

IDNet and Zen Internet

I'll second that!! :thumb:

Niall

Quote from: sobranie on Feb 06, 2012, 20:03:10
I'll second that!! :thumb:

I'd agree but I've only ever used Nildram and then IDnet :D My mate has been using Zen for years and swears by them, so they can't be that bad as he's as fussy as I am :D
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

pctech

Wish I'd used them from when I got broadband rather than messing about with Virgin, Namesco, Newnet, Plusnet etc.

Lance

AAISP have got to be worth a shout if you can live within the bandwidth limits at peak time, or have deep pockets.
Lance
_____

pctech

I did look again at them when I stopped working shifts but staying with Zen and maintaining a bank of bandwidth still worked out cheaper.

talos

Quote from: pctech on Feb 06, 2012, 19:26:14
tell her to come back in 12 months, I'm bringing my BT line back to IDNet in August.

I can promise that will happen,  but this was a new activation and BT have the monopoly, this seemed to be the most cost effective way of getting her a new modem and new activation, or it would have been if BT was any good  :mad:

Nice to see you back Rik :thumb: I'm sorry but I didnt realise you had been ill :dunno:    Been burying my head again :blush:

Ardua

Quote from: pctech on Feb 06, 2012, 19:26:14

I assume that you mean the phone line and not BB?

Rik

Quote from: talos on Feb 07, 2012, 09:38:22
Nice to see you back Rik :thumb: I'm sorry but I didnt realise you had been ill :dunno:    Been burying my head again :blush:

Thanks, Bob. Good thing to do in cold weather, it keeps it warm. ;)
Rik
--------------------

pctech

Quote from: Ardua on Feb 07, 2012, 09:48:34
I assume that you mean the phone line and not BB?

I do, as I've said before one thing that Zen offer that IDNet don't is hard caps and the ability to pre purchase bandwidth and build up a bank.

Anyway, by doing what I'm doing I'll be supporting two thoroughly decent companies pushing against the tide of the mediocre 'big boys'

It has proved to be a false economy moving to BT.