IDnet problems?

Started by psp83, Feb 10, 2012, 08:48:57

Previous topic - Next topic

psp83

My internet has just gone down.

Logs are showing :

Feb 10 08:44:01  daemon  pppd[604]: PPP: Start to connect ...
  Feb 10 08:44:01  daemon  pppd[604]: PPP server detected.
  Feb 10 08:44:01  daemon  pppd[604]: PPP session established.
  Feb 10 08:44:01  daemon  pppd[604]: Using interface pppewan_1
  Feb 10 08:44:01  daemon  pppd[604]: Connect: ppp_ewan_1 <--> eth0
  Feb 10 08:44:01  daemon  pppd[604]: Couldn't increase MTU to 1500.
  Feb 10 08:44:01  daemon  pppd[604]: Couldn't increase MRU to 1500
  Feb 10 08:44:01  daemon  pppd[604]: PPP LCP UP.
  Feb 10 08:44:01  daemon  pppd[604]: Remote message: CHAP authentication failure, unit 21831
  Feb 10 08:44:01  daemon  pppd[604]: CHAP authentication failed
  Feb 10 08:44:01  daemon  pppd[604]: Couldn't increase MTU to 1500.
  Feb 10 08:44:01  daemon  pppd[604]: User name and password authentication failed.

Simon

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

psp83

Yeah been on the phone to support since 8:45am. The line reset for 80/20 FTTC seems to have caused an auth problem for me.

Support doesn't know why & said it shouldn't cause this so have now passed it over to BT after going through everything both ends.

Simon

Simon.
--

psp83

Quote from: Simon on Feb 10, 2012, 10:19:47
On a Friday... :eek4:

Yep, hopefully it'll be sorted soon and I'll have a connection back for the weekend!

Glenn

From the TBBQM graph for my line, it dropped it's interleaving level around midnight,  it looks like the line dropped it's connection for around 15 mins around 9am too.
Glenn
--------------------

psp83

As you can see with mine, just after midnight then again at 8:35 ish, then no connection since  >:(

Glenn

This is my live graph, the timing looks very similar

Glenn
--------------------

psp83

Don't know what the hell BT managed to do to my connection then  :(

Just phoned support and still nothing back from BT.

David

Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

psp83

Got a feeling that this problem wont be fixed in time for the weekend  :(

My client will not be happy if I cant get their website live tonight for the shop opening tomorrow.

Simon

Simon.
--

psp83

Last update was that BT are still doing diagnostics on my line but Brian has booked an OR engineer for tomorrow morning to come out and see what's going on..

Hoping the line will come back up still.

David

:fingers: Good luck with that Paul hope its back on today for you   :fingers:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Simon

Simon.
--

mervl

??? Whilst you are waiting: for what do/will you actually use a download speed in excess of 40Mbps, and as it appears that I could (on a lesser headline speed) use up my entire allowance with less than 30 minutes use per day at my full rate, aren't you going to be a bit restricted? Or do you just upload, and if so why is the margin above 10Mbps so vital for you? I'm just interested, because unless you are running a multi-employee business on a domestic service, I can't see the point! Well,  :laugh: apart from a bit of juvenile boasting.

Still a good move from BT on FTTP-on-demand (and presumably once future charging is announced for higher speeds too) - which should sort out the men from the boys  ;D.

psp83

I'm a web developer, so faster speed is better for me esp upstream.

Upload YouTube vids / sites / files faster etc.

.Griff.

Quote from: mervl on Feb 11, 2012, 08:05:27
??? Whilst you are waiting: for what do/will you actually use a download speed in excess of 40Mbps, ...... I can't see the point! Well,  :laugh: apart from a bit of juvenile boasting.

The "why do you need that sort of speed" questions are getting a bit old now. It's about personal choice and wants, not needs.

I'm sure 56k dial-up users would look on with green eyes at early 512k ADSL subscribers and ask them the very same question.

psp83

At the mo I just want my connection back, I don't care if it's the 40/10 connection instead of 80/20.

No sign of the OR engineer yet (it was an AM appointment) & doubt he will turn up so will probly be without connection all weekend.

It expensive for pay as you go 3G & I shouldn't have to pay for it  :(

David

Do they work half day Saturdays Paul ?

psp83

Quote from: David on Feb 11, 2012, 13:10:07
Do they work half day Saturdays Paul ?

No idea David..

All I know is that the appointment was made for AM. That's between 8am - 1pm.

PM appointments are 1pm - 6pm I think.

I've got an angry client keep phoning me as well.

David

I think they do in London but with luck he has got delayed and really hope he calls today can understand and dont envy you,Shame your client cant be understanding as frustating as it is,It is after all out of your hands good luck   :fingers:

psp83

I don't understand what the tbb graph is showing

There's areas where there is no connection and then a lot of red spikes for 100% packet loss / sync drops. How can you get that when there's no connection at all?

Glenn

Are you able to connect directly to the modem?
Glenn
--------------------

psp83

Quote from: Glenn on Feb 11, 2012, 13:30:39
Are you able to connect directly to the modem?

Yeah. Been through all that with support Friday morning. Spent over an hour on the phone to support trying everything.

Direct PPPoE to the modem gives a 691 error, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314455