Tiscali to take over Pipex?

Started by Rik, Jun 13, 2007, 13:56:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

El Reg is reporting that "The breakup of Pipex and sale of its residential broadband customer base to Tiscali is looking increasingly certain.

Insiders at the takeover target say the terms of the deal will be announced in four to eight weeks."

Looks like we'll be seeing some new faces here soon, then.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

J!ll

God help the people that sign up with them!  :)

Rik

Amen to that, Jill. I wonder if IDNet's going to see the same sort of influx that happened at the end of last year?
Rik
--------------------

J!ll

RobMc

hmmm it was 15 months ago that I jumped the sinking ship that was pipex. I left then because the tried to get me to sign up to a new 12 month contract to go onto 2Mb service. I occasionally pop into the pipex forum on thinkbroadband and it seems that I left just in time to miss the "fun and games" that pipex customer support and accounts have been having with their customers :)

Can't see that tiscali would be an improvement either. :(

Rob

Lance

Jumping ship from Tiscali, I can confirm it wouldn't be an improvement!

Better get a new central ordered, Simon!
Lance
_____

DorsetBoy

Makes you wonder just who is running any of it...........Tiscali were up for sale,now thet are aquiring Pipex?  :(

Rik

It's probably all down to a bunch of venture capitalists, Dorset. :(
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: Rik on Jun 14, 2007, 07:52:18
It's probably all down to a bunch of venture capitalists, Dorset. :(

Well customers had better lock down their equipment before it is nicked and flogged off. ;D
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

I think they might find that their support gets sold off. :(
Rik
--------------------

norman117777

Pipex..Eclipse, and any involvment with Tiscali is like them having a death wish.....it is the kiss of death....I know having left Pipex for their Awful customer support, going to Eclipse, and they linked up with Tiscali(LLU)....just look at DSL Zone to see where thse two stupid ISP's are now.  :laugh:

RobMc

Seems like this has been given the go-ahead by the Pipex Shareholders today. See news article at Thinkbroadband.

Rob.

Noreen

The OFT yesterday approved the takeover, see here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/  As a previously happy customer of f2s I'm sad to see it but very glad that I escaped.

Rik

I was with Nildram, Noreen, so I share your feelings. I suspect IDNet will be seeing some new customers in the coming months.
Rik
--------------------

Colin Burns

Well don't i just miss the days of being on tiscali.... debt collectors (when they owed me money) and AUP rely just didn't work for me. 

Hey but if your in a 12month contract with tiscali and want to leave just back the internet up and they will let you hehehe

well my ramble done but do think there will be some new customers from it

Inactive

Quote from: Colin Burns on Aug 19, 2007, 00:46:59

Hey but if your in a 12month contract with tiscali and want to leave just back the internet up and they will let you hehehe

Seems to be the best escape route Colin..  ;D
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Lance

Welcome to the forum, colin!
Lance
_____

Inactive

Quote from: Lance on Aug 19, 2007, 10:22:25
Welcome to the forum, colin!

I thought that Lance, but Colin has been a member since last November..

Rik

Hey, you broke the 2500 barrier when I wasn't looking, congratulations.  ;D
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

;D ;D Never even noticed Rik, that will be around 25% then...  ;D ;D

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Lance

Quote from: Inactive on Aug 19, 2007, 11:12:13

I thought that Lance, but Colin has been a member since last November..

:hide:
Lance
_____