Blank Emails?

Started by Stevescat, Jun 13, 2007, 23:20:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Indeed. Unless you have turned off any of the notification options, this reply should trigger an email to you. In particular, you would need the third box down checked.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

J!ll

Got the same, blank email  :)

Rik

Possibly because I posted before you edited your profile, Jill? See what happens this time.
Rik
--------------------

J!ll

Had one at 11.49 but wasn't at pc so? lol

J!ll

Inactive

Am I missing something?..  surely the cure is to turn them all off.. not necessary. ;D
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

As far as I can see, Jill, this reply by me should trigger an email which contains both the thread topic as a subject, and the reply as the body of the email.

I've just received the following email triggered by your post:

Subject: Topic reply: Blank Emails?

A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by Jill.

View the reply at: http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=2854.new;topicseen#new

Unsubscribe to this topic by clicking here: http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=notify;topic=2854.0

The text of the reply is shown below:

Another 11.56  :o

More replies may be posted, but you won't receive any more notifications until you read the topic.

Regards,
The IDNetters Forums Team.
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: Inactive on Jun 14, 2007, 12:04:56
Am I missing something?..  surely the cure is to turn them all off.. not necessary. ;D

No, they're not necessary, Inactive, but if people are receiving blank messages, I'd like to find out whether it's down to profile settings, or whether there is an issue with the forum software that needs to be looked at. I have notifications on, myself, but that's just to ensure I don't doze off. :)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Never use them myself, never found the need... ;)

Get an alarm clock..  :laugh:
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

:laugh:

I have one, it's called "You have mail".
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Well have another one on me ..  ;D ;D

Rik

There's just no peace around here...  :)
Rik
--------------------

J!ll

Ok, hopefully all should stop now!  :)

Rik

Opting out completely is cheating, Jill. :) I've tried turning off the fourth checkbox, but I still get the subject correctly. I'm puzzled.  :(
Rik
--------------------

J!ll

Well I didn't want any more blank emails  ;D

Inactive

Quote from: Jill on Jun 14, 2007, 12:41:51
Ok, hopefully all should stop now!  :)

Sensible option Jill..  ;D ;D

Rik

I've asked Adam to take a look, Jill. I haven't found a way to receive total blanks myself, so I am wondering whether it's possibly related to the email client...

Edit: My thoughts on logging out were wrong, changes should 'take' immediately, provided the 'save settings' button is clicked.
Rik
--------------------

Stevescat

Not sure if this is relevant Rik, but I received these blank emails in my Yahoo account, not IDNet.
Steve

Rik

It may be relevant, Steve. I've asked Adam to have a look at the thread.
Rik
--------------------