ADSL2+

Started by Den, Mar 02, 2012, 21:19:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Leave it be for the 10 days and let the line find its level. Nothing can be done during that period and you'll just give yourself grief if you try any tweaking.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Christopher

Ok thanks Rik,I'll give it a couple of weeks and if it does not settle I'll give support a ring rather than tweaking the router myself,something I would never attempt not without guidance at any rate
Regards
Chris

Christopher

Well from the 15meg I was getting at first after upgrading to 21cn,now after just 3 weeks I'm lucky to  get 4meg,3meg LESS than I was getting when I was on ADSL MAX complete waste of 13 squids. Going to be put back on ADSL MAX tomorrow (I hope) and get the speeds I have always enjoyed all the time I have been with IDNet otherwise it's a MAC for me.I have been in touch with support but don't want to comment on that for the moment.  :mad:
Regards
Chris

Steve

Obviously that's a shame has you had good performance initially plus you have a short line so would usually expect to do well. We know adsl2+ is more susceptible to noise/interference because of the higher frequencies used.
Steve
------------

Christopher

Hi Steve,yes it is a shame,I have been told to make a few minor adjustments to my wiring,which I will do but if I don't get my speeds back to at least 6meg after reverting back to ADSL MAX tomorrow then I'm off.Already been in touch with a few ISP's who reckon they can sort my probs out easy peasy. :fingers:

Cheers
Regards
Chris

Lona

I was told that if you upgrade to Adsl2+ you can't go back to Adslmax

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Christopher

Quote from: Lona on Mar 21, 2012, 22:28:53
I was told that if you upgrade to Adsl2+ you can't go back to Adslmax

Well they are doing it for me tomorrow so I don't know who told you that
Regards
Chris

Lance

You can't have your line moved back to the old equipment. BT simply won't do it. What happens is that your line will be modulated as ADSL Max but is still delivered over the new adsl2+ equipment.
Lance
_____

zappaDPJ

My line was a prime example of that. I moved to ADSL2+ with an initial sync of around 14 Mbps but instability brought it down to 256 kbps. My only option at that time was to have the line modulated as ADSL Max (7 Mbps approx). I believe an LLU service might have more scope to provide better throughput but going backwards is definitely not a option, at least not an option I've ever read about.
zap
--------------------

Christopher

Quote from: Lance on Mar 21, 2012, 22:56:39
You can't have your line moved back to the old equipment. BT simply won't do it. What happens is that your line will be modulated as ADSL Max but is still delivered over the new adsl2+ equipment.

Hi Lance,
My account page says I'm on ADSL Max and I'm now getting 7mb.I don't care how or why,just care that I'm getting it,just like when I flick on a light switch I'm 99.9% sure I'm gonna get light.If it stays like that then I have no reason to leave IDNet.Today I am happy  :thumb: ;D ;)
Regards
Chris

Simon

I wish I was as sure as you about getting light.  I have about one bulb pop a month at my place, and when they go, they trip out the fuse box, so the whole place is in darkness.  And, of course, this only happens when it's dark, so I have to keep torches handy.  ::)
Simon.
--

zappaDPJ

Ah the good old days, a fuse box full of rusty nails and light bulbs that actually lit up the room when you turned them on ;D
zap
--------------------

Simon

Oh, this is a new fuse box with trip switches, Zap.  I might use some tape...  :evil:
Simon.
--