Dutch court forces proxy site to close down

Started by pctech, Mar 27, 2012, 19:14:00

Previous topic - Next topic

JB

I guess we will see more of this sort of thing happening.

Easily replaced/circumvented though, if one is that way inclined.
JB

'Keyboard not detected ~ Press F1 to continue'

pctech

Maybe if the price was reduced piracy would decrease?

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Technical Ben

Actually, it's not even the price. People often pay more when the availability is there.

It's like BT verses IDNet. If BT do a poor job, more people go to IDNet. It seems the distributors are doing a poor job, so people are "shopping"* else where. The likes of online radio, kickstarter and self published media shows that just as much or more money can be made by getting rid of the exact same people claiming "piracy" is lowering their income.
There are many examples of companies making more money and getting more customers when not chasing piracy, using DRM or failed publishing companies.

It's easy to blame others when your business model does not work any more.  :shake:

*It's not illegal to get your internet from other companies. It's not illegal to get your groceries from other companies. But it is illegal to get music/films/games/date etc from other sources. Not saying it's right or wrong. But people cannot understand it being illegal to give out free dinners. In the same way they cannot understand why it should be illegal to give out free data.  :dunno: If people don't want to pay for it, don't make it your career!
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

cavillas

Too many companies being far too greedy, especially when the artistes do not get a lot out of it at all; only the companies gain.  But yet another attempt by commercial and governments to manipulate and control the internet.  More and more people will be going onto the DarkNet eventually where such controls do not exist.
------
Alf :)

pctech

Yes I think the use of Tor is like to soar.