WHY?

Started by DorsetBoy, Jun 14, 2007, 16:32:26

Previous topic - Next topic

DorsetBoy

Quote from: Rik on Jun 18, 2007, 17:08:44
Is it the same on all your machines, Dorset, or is it affecting just the one?

Only got one running at the moment Rik.Had no problem earlier on,suddenly there it is again.

Will try the others in a mo.

Rik

Thanks. Given that you're the only one reporting a problem, and so far it has only affected one machine, I feel we should be looking at any possible causes on that machine.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

DorsetBoy

Tried logon several times on 2 other windows desktops and no problem,but then again it doesn't happen all the time anyway.

The attachment was supposed to have been removed so where is it coming from????????

Rik

The original attachment has been removed, but the file is in many posts around the forum. I'd really like to find how the GIF file is being called, because deleting the file would still leave the call active. In that case, would another image file be downloaded or would some other activity be triggered?

Is there anything you can identify, on the one machine on which this issue has arisen, which is different to your other machines?
Rik
--------------------

DorsetBoy

Quote from: Rik on Jun 18, 2007, 17:34:03

Is there anything you can identify, on the one machine on which this issue has arisen, which is different to your other machines?

No.......the only thing was SpyBot which I removed after restoring all the previous settings and changes it had made.

Also that smiley has been around a while now,why suddenly does this come up?

Rik

Well, why now, why you, why one machine are all mysteries. I've never seen the login script, so I'll leave it to Adam to comment on whether that could call the file. As far as I can see, there are no working links in the forum to a copy of the image, the only links are to a 'dead' post, ie the image has been deleted.
Rik
--------------------

DorsetBoy

Have had a look at the Opera community and there are some issues that are similar but not the same.
All resolutions seem to be around the profile and related files.

My last version of Opera was an upgrade not a new install so for the sake of an extra 5 minutes I saved bookmarks and removed Opera and all associated files.

Quick install and put bookmarks in place,tweak and back on line.Will now see what happens over the next few days.

Rik

Is that the forum profile, Dorset?
Rik
--------------------

DorsetBoy

Quote from: Rik on Jun 18, 2007, 18:47:33
Is that the forum profile, Dorset?

No,the Opera profile,each user has a profile and various other .dat  and .ini files .

Cleared every single bit I could find and started from scratch.

Rik

Let us know what happens.
Rik
--------------------

DorsetBoy

Quote from: Rik on Jun 19, 2007, 09:43:46
Let us know what happens.

:'( :'( :'( :'(
I am being haunted again..............now I am getting the "opened" page with that horrible ugly groan smiley when I log in  >:D >:D >:D >:D

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrgggghhh!

Rik

Well, I'll break the link again, but even if it does go away, I'd be curious to know just what is happening with your login to cause this. This thread has been running eight days now, so if anyone else was affected, I'd expect to have heard.

I'm confused...  :(
Rik
--------------------

J!ll

Quote from: DorsetBoy on Jun 22, 2007, 16:14:02

I am being haunted again..............now I am getting the "opened" page with that horrible ugly groan smiley when I log in  >:D >:D >:D >:D

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrgggghhh!

SPOOKY

MoHux

Quote from: DorsetBoy on Jun 22, 2007, 16:14:02

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrgggghhh!

DB ...... is it possible you were half asleep when logging in one day, and the Groan Smiley got saved as your password??

Don't ask me how!!  :D

;D   
"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

DorsetBoy

Err..........no.