Be delays fibre launch.

Started by Steve, Apr 11, 2012, 22:43:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Good news for BT :(  but not for the rest of us who'd like to see more competition in the FTTC market.

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/networking/2012/04/11/be-broadband-delays-fibre-rollout-again-40154994/
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

Simon.
--

Bill

Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Rik

A great shame for the consumer. :(
Rik
--------------------

Glenn

O2 need more All Bran in their diet.
Glenn
--------------------

Rik

Rik
--------------------

.Griff.

https://avatar.bethere.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32652

You read that correctly.. 140 pages of discussion.

I've said all along that Be have just been playing a delaying game. They knew two years ago they wouldn't be entering the FTTC arena with any haste yet rather than tell their customers that and see them migrate away they simply kept on advising people FTTC was coming soon. My guess is Telefonica have said no to the additional funding required and with pressure mounting Be have had little choice but to admit nothing is going to happen any time soon.

andrue

Yeah, it's sad. I came here from Be last week and I'm beginning to feel like a 'refugee'.

I do hope the current network problems are temporary but all the years I was with them (five or six I think) I wondered how they managed to keep things going. I don't think they ever made a profit while they were independent and doubt they were a profitable unit under Telefonica unless their wholesale business made it up. Given all that's happening in Spain and Telefonica's huge debts they are stuck. Not to mention the perennial questions of 'who really needs high speed broadband' and 'who really wants to pay for it'.

:sigh:

Technical Ben

Quote from: .Griff. on Apr 12, 2012, 11:39:25

https://avatar.bethere.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32652

You read that correctly.. 140 pages of discussion.

I've said all along that Be have just been playing a delaying game. They knew two years ago they wouldn't be entering the FTTC arena with any haste yet rather than tell their customers that and see them migrate away they simply kept on advising people FTTC was coming soon. My guess is Telefonica have said no to the additional funding required and with pressure mounting Be have had little choice but to admit nothing is going to happen any time soon.

Sounds just like the "technical issues (IE lack of backhual funding)" that plagued their BT reseller part of the business all over again. Promise "It will be fixed next month" and do that for 2 years.  :slap:

Oh, that was my experience with O2, but they are the same company now, right?
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

.Griff.

Quote from: Technical Ben on Apr 19, 2012, 11:09:40
Oh, that was my experience with O2, but they are the same company now, right?

Be and O2 operate completely independently. Different call centres, different products, different pricing etc.. Both are owned by Telefonica however and both use Be's long established LLU network.

Technical Ben

Fair enough. Just seems that many are worried Be will start to follow O2s form of business. Instead of the other way around. :P
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.