Vodafone purchases Cable and Wireless Worldwide for £1.04bn

Started by pctech, Apr 23, 2012, 19:32:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

How much tax are they attempting to write off this time?
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

pctech

I dread to think.

Have never been one of their customers and the experience I've had of their sales team when I enquired about the Sure Signal made me glad I wasn't as they did not have a clue.

Also had dealings (as a mod on another forum) with their Forum Intervention Team hijacking threads that were nothing to do with Vodafone to tout for business.

Only three words for Vodafone: a complete menace.

Glenn

The Linux guys that sit behind me at work, support some of their servers, they don't seem to have too many positive words for them either.
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

john

From this Wikipedia Article about Vodaphone the company was preceded by Racal Telecom. I used to work for Racal from 1974 to 1978 and was interviewed for the job by Ernest Harrison, later to become 'Sir' Earnest Harrison. I remember Racal was a good company to work for, the part I worked at wasn't a big site and everyone knew everybody else and Ernest Harrison was quite approachable, was often seen on the shop floor and always organised company parties both locally and in London at Christmas where each table had a member of the executive staff to mix with people of all grades. Unfortunately a few years after I left it closed down, I think so they could concentrate on the commercial telecoms business.